David Linnabary

Default Blank Page, Positioning the TS

I've recently did away with a den area in my basement and am about to move my
shop into it. Its a 37' x 13' room with no obstructions, I'd like to start by
positioning my TS in the best spot and going from there. My saw is a left tilt
cabinet type with a 52" fence. I seem to work a good bit of long stock and to
a lesser extent sheet goods. My saw is on a mobile base currently which affords
me a lot of flexibility but I'd just like to get the power and dust extraction
set where the saw is going to spend most of it's time.

I'm tempted to position the saw so the blade is dead center in the middle of
room. Any thoughts?

David

Bob G.

Lawrence A. Ramsey wrote:

I'd favor 3' away from wall. You'd have a 1' left for a sheet of
plywood. You will need the middle more than you realize in that narrow
a space.

I also would position the saw near a wall...with the blade about 4
foot plus 2 inches away fron the wall...so that you could cut to the
center of a full sheet of plywood on the short side of the saw...

My saw is set up something like that but I can cut about 60 inches on
the short side...BUT my shop is 24 foot wide...not 13...

Bob Griffiths
..

Bruce Garland

I did not see the original post but my shop is 13 wide. I have about 3
feet to the left of the blade but have the mobile base so I can move it
when needed. I find for long work I can angle the saw and get enough
room and I can "back it up" if I need to rip a long board and it is too
hot to open the door. :-) The door is directly ion line so if I had a
10 or 12 foot piece to rip it would be no problem.

BRuce

.