Bruce Garland

Default Blank Page, Positioning the TS

I did not see the original post but my shop is 13 wide. I have about 3
feet to the left of the blade but have the mobile base so I can move it
when needed. I find for long work I can angle the saw and get enough
room and I can "back it up" if I need to rip a long board and it is too
hot to open the door. :-) The door is directly ion line so if I had a
10 or 12 foot piece to rip it would be no problem.

BRuce

Bob G. wrote:

Lawrence A. Ramsey wrote:

I'd favor 3' away from wall. You'd have a 1' left for a sheet of
plywood. You will need the middle more than you realize in that narrow
a space.

I also would position the saw near a wall...with the blade about 4
foot plus 2 inches away fron the wall...so that you could cut to the
center of a full sheet of plywood on the short side of the saw...

My saw is set up something like that but I can cut about 60 inches on
the short side...BUT my shop is 24 foot wide...not 13...
Bob Griffiths
.