Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Woodworking Shows - What Will Happen?

With the Internet and all, I was sorta thinking that the Wreck would
have a certain outfall and we would see Swingman doing a video blog of
his shop and some of his techniques.

I thought that maybe we would see JOAT working on his LUV and putting
in a new wood dash. ( I have certain Randy Newman tunes that I'm
thinking of for the background music.)

I thought that charlieB would have a video site dedicated to the
Pointy Stick Compendium.

It occurred to me that a video Pukey Duck site would have a natural
draw.

Tommy Plamman could put up a tour of his shop and current projects,
and this would only take slightly less time than the old Roots series.

It's all in play, my B brothers.

Let's take the Wreck to the next step.

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Tom Watson" wrote in message

Tommy Plamman could put up a tour of his shop and current projects,
and this would only take slightly less time than the old Roots series.

Plamman? Longer than Roots. Think Roots, Trunk, Branches, Leaves, Raking
and Compost.

I'd tune in, for sure.

-- Mark

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 20:06:47 -0500, Tom Watson
wrote:

With the Internet and all, I was sorta thinking that the Wreck would
have a certain outfall and we would see Swingman doing a video blog of
his shop and some of his techniques.

You know I was looking at thewoodworkingchannel.com as referenced in a
recent thread and thought, hey the wreck could do most of that just as
well. But it does take a certain presence to pull off being on
camera.

On a tangent, I'd love to see wordworking stuff in HD. How often to
do they try to show you something and you pretty much have to take
their word for it. You can't really see any flaws in anything at
standard res.

-Leuf
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Tom Watson" wrote in message
With the Internet and all, I was sorta thinking that the Wreck would
have a certain outfall and we would see Swingman doing a video blog of
his shop and some of his techniques.

I thought that maybe we would see JOAT working on his LUV and putting
in a new wood dash. ( I have certain Randy Newman tunes that I'm
thinking of for the background music.)

I thought that charlieB would have a video site dedicated to the
Pointy Stick Compendium.

It occurred to me that a video Pukey Duck site would have a natural
draw.

Tommy Plamman could put up a tour of his shop and current projects,
and this would only take slightly less time than the old Roots series.

It's all in play, my B brothers.

Let's take the Wreck to the next step.

Remember Apeman and his proposed new wife? That's the video I wanna see ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/27/07

Posted to rec.woodworking

I'm all for it. Just thinking the other day that I now get NO WW shows on
the tube at all. Well, except Freeform Furniture which is OK if you want to
check out a great set of funbags, but otherwise of little use for
woodworking.
Several years ago I could get NYW on HGTV, now it is all "design this"
design that" and "design the other" no WW shows, but plenty of gay
guys..... PBS no longer carries NYW here. DIY had Woodworks, but that is
just re runs and spotty as to when it's aired. (however it is on 3 times in
a row Sat eve). From what the airwaves deliver here, I'd be happy to have a
channel just for WW on building pukey ducks. Internet or TV. In fact, I'll
do the first show! It'll be called "WoodWrecks" --dave

"Swingman" wrote in message
news
"Tom Watson" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message
news

Remember Apeman and his proposed new wife? That's the video I wanna see

Yeah LOL, Apeman never really did "Walk the Walk" after hooking up with her.
I suspect he says Yes Dear with every comment she makes. ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

Tom Watson wrote in
:

[...]

Well, Tom, one of my sons is in video production for sporting events,
and another in advertising production. Seeing the amount of time they
spend to get a really nice project together, even with the latest tech
wizardry, puts a damper on my enthusiasm for posting really nice video
material on the 'net for free. And I really don't know that I have that
much new, or old, to sell to wooddorkers.

I rather like the old text-based ways. Handplanes are rather nice, too.

So are the writings that flow from Pennsyltucky on occasion.

Patriarch
Posted to rec.woodworking

Patriarch wrote in
. 136:

*snip*

Well, Tom, one of my sons is in video production for sporting events,
and another in advertising production. Seeing the amount of time they
spend to get a really nice project together, even with the latest tech
wizardry, puts a damper on my enthusiasm for posting really nice video
material on the 'net for free. And I really don't know that I have
that much new, or old, to sell to wooddorkers.

You know, I wouldn't mind "sponsored" material on the net, as long as
they don't try to get my attention with flashing ads, strobing banners,
probing scripts, etc. I think a site like thewoodworkingchannel.com
could interrupt shows and play commercials like TV does now, but limit
them to wood working and tools. I hate the drug and mortage commercials
that proliferate TV now.

I rather like the old text-based ways. Handplanes are rather nice,
too.

I like them too. It's just hopefully having and using the right tool
for the job. For flattening the face of 100 bd ft of pine, I'd rather
use a powered planner than a hand plane, but for a foot or two the hand
plane's great.

So are the writings that flow from Pennsyltucky on occasion.

Patriarch

Puckdropper

Woodworking Shows Ron S Woodworking 1 September 8th 06 12:56 AM
Woodworking shows [email protected] Woodworking 16 February 28th 06 05:46 AM
Woodworking Shows Chuck Woodworking 6 January 4th 06 09:19 PM
Woodworking shows [email protected] Woodturning 2 January 3rd 05 02:18 PM
New woodworking shows Herbert Robinson Woodworking 3 July 15th 03 04:37 PM