Posted to rec.crafts.beads,rec.crafts.glass,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Default handmade goods by local artists at fair prices?

I'm looking for an eclectic mix of unique items crafted by independent
artists based in North America. Functional art made from new and
reclaimed wood, metal, glass and textiles.
for People. for Places. as Gifts.

http://www.mixtgoods.com/

http://www.mixtgoods.com/sitemap.php

Posted to rec.crafts.beads,rec.crafts.glass,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

I'm looking for an eclectic mix of unique items crafted by independent
artists based in North America. Functional art made from new and
reclaimed wood, metal, glass and textiles.
for People. for Places. as Gifts.

There's something about the Florida Keys that attracts these folks. One of
the best showings you can go to is the Pigeon Key Art Festival on Feb.17 and
18 in Marathon, FL. Look for the grey bearded bald guy taking tickets and
say hi to me.

Karl

Posted to rec.woodworking

There are numerous art & craft festivals in Colorado in the summer
where very nice and unusual things are sold. The "fair price" thing is
debatable....I've seen fine woodworking from jewelery boxes to turned
bowls to chairs to chests to carvings to just about anything but not
all at the same show. Notable shows are in Denver, Boulder, and many
of the mountain towns, especially the resort towns.

I'm guessing most states have good art & craft shows.

On Jan 29, 11:49 pm, wrote:
I'm looking for an eclectic mix of unique items crafted by independent
artists based in North America. Functional art made from new and
reclaimed wood, metal, glass and textiles.
for People. for Places. as Gifts.

http://www.mixtgoods.com/

http://www.mixtgoods.com/sitemap.php

Posted to rec.crafts.beads,rec.crafts.glass,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

you might want to ask the artists themselves what they think about that
show. I, fo r one, was treated horribly and would never return. All you get
is island themed stuff( a requirement of the show), some good, most is kinda
tacky. Seemed to me the locals with money were tired of the same old crap
and preferred a bit more sophisicated venue. m

"Karl Townsend" remove .NOT wrote in
message anews.com...