Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Door latch fixing question

Marndin wrote:

| Could someone please recommend a glue/fixing compound to secure a
| door latch fitting in wood. Pictures attached.

news:rec.woodworking is a text-only newsgroup. You're asking the
question in the right place; but many readers who might be helpful
probably won't see them here. I'd suggest posting the photos to

| I have tried a couple of things but they haven't secured it well
| enough.

Ok, what have you tried? It'd also help to know how the door and latch
are used and abused. The part looks like hand-forged iron - does it
have antique value that you'd like to preserve? What is the wood?

| Many thanks to anyone who repiles.

The latch almost begs for a small plate with a rectangular hole for
the existing part to be welded into with a couple of screw holes for
some mechanical reinforcement. If there's a smith in your area, this
might be a good time to make his/her acquaintance. :-)

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Door latch thingy AMO UK diy 7 November 2nd 06 05:59 PM
Door latch problem [email protected] Home Repair 18 February 24th 06 05:12 AM
Latch and Door Handles on FireDoor Hamie UK diy 5 November 23rd 05 10:12 PM
Door Latch catches ... David Home Repair 4 September 9th 05 03:56 PM
Door Latch - Info Please Frank Healy UK diy 3 August 30th 03 04:20 PM