tnfkajs

Default Murphy Strikes Again

"Thomas Mitchell" wrote in message
found the manual. Damn murphy.

Mine was this morning cutting some small moulding. Murphy's Law: "the
probability of making a mistake is inversely proportional to the amount of
spare stock available", bit me big time...

bay area dave

Not to be argumentative, but...

I don't think misplacing a manual for a few minutes is an example of
Murphy's Law. Had you broken the saw while changing the blade, THEN
Murphy's law would have applied. The law is: "Anything that can go wrong,
will go wrong".

dave

Thomas Mitchell wrote:

I was building a storage bench to hold some of the benchtop tools I
have. I was using some oak members that I seperated from pallets long
ago but were laying around taking up space. Since the oak had parts of
nails in it, I decided to change blades on the power mitre saw from the
shopmaster to the blade that came with the saw. Murphy stole the manual
right before I received the chopmaster so I didn't have instructions on
changing the blade. I decided to take the time to figure out how dewalt
wanted me to change the blade and after about ten minutes I saw how
unbelievably simple it was. I finished the storage bench and started
giving the garage a good cleaning. Five minutes into the cleaning, I
found the manual. Damn murphy.

Lee Gordon

I decided to take the time to figure out how dewalt
wanted me to change the blade and after about ten minutes I saw how
unbelievably simple it was. I finished the storage bench and started
giving the garage a good cleaning. Five minutes into the cleaning, I
found the manual. Damn murphy.

You got off easy. If Murphy were really doing his job you would have
finished the bench without incident, reinstalled your good blade, cut some
virgin stock and clipped an embedded piece of metal.

Lee

M.G. Moran

Or you would have set the blade down, forgot where you put it, search for a
hour, lose the wrenches, get frustrated and go buy a new blade, come home a
realize you had already put the damn blade on. Or maybe that only happens to
me, oh well
"Lee Gordon" wrote in message
I decided to take the time to figure out how dewalt
wanted me to change the blade and after about ten minutes I saw how
unbelievably simple it was. I finished the storage bench and started
giving the garage a good cleaning. Five minutes into the cleaning, I
found the manual. Damn murphy.

You got off easy. If Murphy were really doing his job you would have
finished the bench without incident, reinstalled your good blade, cut some
virgin stock and clipped an embedded piece of metal.

Lee

D K Woods

You got off easy. If Murphy were really doing his job you would have
finished the bench without incident, reinstalled your good blade, cut some
virgin stock and clipped an embedded piece of metal.

Lee

You took the words out of my mouth. Running a sharp blade spinning at
22,000 rpm or so through a piece of wood known to have bits of metal
embedded in it...and you make it out well enough to tell the story? I
don't think Murphy was anywhere around.

david
--
I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have
of it.