Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default A Couple Of Warm Fuzzies

Well, was in the midst of making a new saw sled, then found out my
little saw wasn't keeping its alignment. It still cuts well enough, but
winds up with about a 1/4" kerf, instead of 1/8". Not really willing to
spend money on a new saw at this time, so will probably just make a disc
sander o ut of it. In the meantime I figure I can get along just fine
with a circular saw and straightedge.

However, getting to the warm fuzzy part, I made a trip to the big
city yesterday and latched onto a 10" compound miter saw and a hand belt
sander. Not top of the line, but decent enough I figure they'll both
last me a long time. Now, having the belt sander, along with my hand
power planer, and my chainsaw, means I'm all set for precision
woodworking.

Coulda got along without the miter saw, but been wanting one, got a
good price on it, and with my saw problem, decided what the Hell.
Anyway, I'll be going into a semi-production mode for awhile, and it'll
really help speed up the process - once I make a few mods that is.

The best part of making a gift to yourself is, you get just what
you wanted. Life is basically good.

JOAT
I do not have the huge amount of faith needed to be an Atheist.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"J T" wrote in message

Coulda got along without the miter saw, but been wanting one, got a
good price on it, and with my saw problem, decided what the Hell.

What color you gonna paint it?

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/06/07

Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:
"J T" wrote in message

Coulda got along without the miter saw, but been wanting one, got a
good price on it, and with my saw problem, decided what the Hell.

What color you gonna paint it?

You, sir, owe me a keyboard.

Posted to rec.woodworking

J T wrote:

The best part of making a gift to yourself is, you get just what
you wanted. Life is basically good.

A gift to ..... WHO? Now, how did you manage THAT? ;-)

Pop`

Posted to rec.woodworking

"J T" wrote in message

I feel much better now.

I can fix that ... go ahead, e-mail us a picture!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/06/07

Posted to rec.woodworking

Precisely my question! The DeWalts are already yellow.

J.

Swingman wrote:
"J T" wrote in message

Coulda got along without the miter saw, but been wanting one, got a
good price on it, and with my saw problem, decided what the Hell.

What color you gonna paint it?

Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Wed, Jan 17, 2007, 1:11pm (EST-1) (Swingman) doth
requesteth:
snip go ahead, e-mail us a picture!

This is what I have available at this time.
http://silentgents.com/OSG17/Turpin4.jpg

JOAT
A problem adequately stated is a problem well on its way to being
solved.
- R. Buckminster Fuller

Posted to rec.woodworking

"J T" wrote in message

This is what I have available at this time.
http://silentgents.com/OSG17/Turpin4.jpg

Hehe ... you should be in the movies!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/06/07

Couple of Tips charlie b Woodworking 0 July 9th 06 10:21 AM
Swinger couple Oscar_Lives Home Repair 0 January 20th 06 04:15 AM
FA: a couple of more goodies William B Noble (don't reply to this address) Metalworking 0 December 4th 05 10:18 PM
couple of questions Barry Metalworking 6 May 10th 05 01:43 AM
Source for photo-couple/opto-couple dlnpc Electronics Repair 0 March 22nd 04 03:59 AM