Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Motor start wiring question

I have just acquired the Shop Fox 220V remote dust collector switch and have
changed the plug and outlet to the ones we use here in New Zealand.

My dust collector is a Holytek with an induction motor and has a momentary
contact "on" switch and I need it to go on as soon as power is supplied
from the remote switch.

I could rewire the switch on the DC such that it looks like the the on
switch is constantly pushed but will that be bypassing the starting
capacitor or otherwise not be a good practice?

Cheers,

Larry