Brian

Default Motor Wiring Diagram Question (G0500 Jointer)

Wiring up my G0500 motor this evening, and just wanted to bounce this off
you guys. If you could refer to the manual at
http://images.grizzly.com/grizzlycom/manuals/G0500m.pdf on PDF page 19 (page
number 17 in the actual manual) the section "Wiring Connection".

In the 220V diagram I assume the "hot" leads connect to the two outside
screws, but the ground lead is what I'm wondering about. It doesn't show a
connection to the middle screw, and there is certainly no chassis mount
anywhere on the motor. So, where do you think it should go? I'm thinking
middle screw.

Thanks for any input.

Brian.

Greg

The ground goes to the case of the motor. Look for a green screw around the
edge of the wiring box
Brian

Thanks!

"Greg" wrote in message
The ground goes to the case of the motor. Look for a green screw around

the
edge of the wiring box

Jim

The diagram shows a chasis ground. I would use one of the screws that holds
the cover on or a screw that holds the terminal block down. I wouldn't use
the middle screw because the terminal block is probably not grounded.
Probably the safest thing to do is to email grizzly and ask them. My 2
cents.

Jim
website: www.woodblog.com