Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Are bandsaw guides meant to look like this?

The upper guides on my bandsaw look like this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bnz/349807230/

I am wondering about the protrusion in the middle of the guide which can
also be seen he

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bnz/349808037/

Should that be there or is it just a result of poor manufacturing (this is a
very cheap bandsaw)? On the lower guides, there is no protrusion like that.
Assuming it's a problem with the manufacturing, should I just file it off or
is there a better method?

Thank you for any responses.

Posted to rec.woodworking
CW CW is offline

File it off. It should be flat. It's the result of the lathe part off tool
being above center. Poor workmanship.

"Ben Bullock" wrote in message
The upper guides on my bandsaw look like this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bnz/349807230/

I am wondering about the protrusion in the middle of the guide which can
also be seen he

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bnz/349808037/

Should that be there or is it just a result of poor manufacturing (this is

very cheap bandsaw)? On the lower guides, there is no protrusion like

that.
Assuming it's a problem with the manufacturing, should I just file it off

or
is there a better method?

Thank you for any responses.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Ben Bullock" wrote in message
Should that be there or is it just a result of poor manufacturing (this is
a very cheap bandsaw)?

Cheap bandsaw. Get a file and finish the job. They were probably made on
a screw machine that was not set up properly. You have to wonder what else
is hiding in that tool.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. net...

"Ben Bullock" wrote in message
Should that be there or is it just a result of poor manufacturing (this
is a very cheap bandsaw)?

Cheap bandsaw. Get a file and finish the job. They were probably made
on a screw machine that was not set up properly.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

You have to wonder what else is hiding in that tool.

You get what you pay for I suppose.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Ben Bullock" wrote in message
The upper guides on my bandsaw look like this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bnz/349807230/

I am wondering about the protrusion in the middle of the guide which can
also be seen he

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bnz/349808037/

Should that be there or is it just a result of poor manufacturing (this is
a very cheap bandsaw)? On the lower guides, there is no protrusion like
that. Assuming it's a problem with the manufacturing, should I just file
it off or is there a better method?

Thank you for any responses.
3

For not too much more money you could toss those guides and replace them
with far superior ceramic guides.