Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Dewalt DW618B3 discontinued?

This is the 3-base kit. All of the HD's by me are out and they're
starting to sell the display models. Seems like a popular set, though.

Mike

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
ups.com...
This is the 3-base kit. All of the HD's by me are out and they're
starting to sell the display models. Seems like a popular set, though.

Mike

Have you tried Tool Barn and other online suppliers? I have it and it works
great in hand or table mounted. Plenty of power for even the big, door
panel bits.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Home Depot may be discontinuing them, but everybody else seems to still have
plenty of them. Home Depot never carries any product for very long. That is
one of the things that I hate about them. As soon as you buy something from
them that works good, and you go back for more, they don't carry it anymore.
Gr-r-r-r. I'll bet Ryobi or Ridgid is coming out with a 618 clone and they
asked Home Depot to get the Dewalt off the shelves.

I seriously doubt that Dewalt would be discontinuing a product that is less
than about 2 years old and seems to be a very successful product for them.
They'll likely manufacture the DW618 and it's options for another 5 years or
more.

--
Charley

wrote in message
ups.com...
This is the 3-base kit. All of the HD's by me are out and they're
starting to sell the display models. Seems like a popular set, though.

Mike

Discontinued NAP flyback. DeEvolutio Electronics Repair 1 May 15th 06 11:04 PM
Discontinued wall tiles Lobster UK diy 2 April 27th 06 02:07 PM
FA: DeWalt Cordless Tools, DeWalt 8" Radial Arm Saw Marty Escarcega Woodworking 0 April 25th 06 10:50 AM
Discontinued Formica search jeffmenzies Home Repair 5 November 26th 05 07:17 AM
Any reason I shouldn't get the Dewalt DW618B3 router kit? Philip Hallstrom Woodworking 17 June 26th 04 02:53 AM