Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Google SketchUp for Woodworkers Tutorials?

I just downloaded & installed the free Google SketchUp. I completed the
three tutorials quickly. I'm impressed! Quite a program.

I would like to use SketchUp to design a workshop cabinet and
cabinets/shelving (*) for the living room. (So far) I'm not finding any
tutorials for stuff like this. I could wade through the manual, and I will
if I have to, but I'd appreciate any tips on woodworking design with
SketchUp.

Thanks.

-- Mark

(*) E.g, I know the living room is 14' 3.25" wide. The shelves will be
made of nominal 3/4" material. I'm looking for the quickest way to design
stuff with SketchUp when certain parameters are fixed or known.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mark Jerde" wrote in message
I just downloaded & installed the free Google SketchUp. I completed the
three tutorials quickly. I'm impressed! Quite a program.

I would like to use SketchUp to design a workshop cabinet and
cabinets/shelving (*) for the living room. (So far) I'm not finding any
tutorials for stuff like this. I could wade through the manual, and I
will if I have to, but I'd appreciate any tips on woodworking design with
SketchUp.

Thanks.

Like most CAD type programs, it is very helpful if you know the fundamentals
of drafting/drawing to start with. Most tutorials teach you how to
manipulate the program to do what you want it to do. You still have to tell
the program what you want exactly.

Posted to rec.woodworking

This link was posted a couple of months ago:
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...tchup+tutorial

Mike

Posted to rec.woodworking

Mark Jerde wrote:
I just downloaded & installed the free Google SketchUp. I completed
the three tutorials quickly. I'm impressed! Quite a program.

I would like to use SketchUp to design a workshop cabinet and
cabinets/shelving (*) for the living room. (So far) I'm not finding
any tutorials for stuff like this. I could wade through the manual,
and I will if I have to, but I'd appreciate any tips on woodworking
design with SketchUp.

Thanks.

-- Mark

(*) E.g, I know the living room is 14' 3.25" wide. The shelves will
be made of nominal 3/4" material. I'm looking for the quickest way
to design stuff with SketchUp when certain parameters are fixed or
known.

Seems like they had a forum for it; have you looked for that? I don't use
it any more so don't have the address now, but some of the discussions were
pretty good.

Pop`

Google Sketchup/Router Fence [email protected] Woodworking 5 October 19th 06 06:05 AM
Google Sketchup? BlueJohn UK diy 7 September 2nd 06 11:11 PM
Google Group posts - tell Google about it? Chris Bacon UK diy 9 May 25th 06 03:34 PM
FS: Sketchup at good price - used igor Woodworking 2 February 13th 05 10:14 AM