Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Fence for TS3650 not smooth

I just purchased a TS3650 table saw from HD. Assembly went well but
the problem i am having is with the fence. It does not seem to move
easily across the rails. It doesn't seem to bind at all, it just take
a bit of effort to move. The micro adjustment is useless. Big
difference compared to the saw at HD. I have adjusted the fence and
rails as described in the manual, no shims were required on the rails
and height adjustment is good on the fence. There is plenty of
clearance between the back rail and locking mechanism of the fence.
Has anyone seen this problem or know what might be going on?

Thanks
Mike

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dusty" wrote in message
oups.com...
I just purchased a TS3650 table saw from HD. Assembly went well but
the problem i am having is with the fence. It does not seem to move
easily across the rails. It doesn't seem to bind at all, it just take
a bit of effort to move. The micro adjustment is useless. Big
difference compared to the saw at HD.

Have you waxed the top and any contact points?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Dusty wrote:
I just purchased a TS3650 table saw from HD. Assembly went well but
the problem i am having is with the fence. It does not seem to move
easily across the rails. It doesn't seem to bind at all, it just take
a bit of effort to move. The micro adjustment is useless. Big
difference compared to the saw at HD. I have adjusted the fence and
rails as described in the manual, no shims were required on the rails
and height adjustment is good on the fence. There is plenty of
clearance between the back rail and locking mechanism of the fence.
Has anyone seen this problem or know what might be going on?

Thanks
Mike

Sounds like a cleaning of the running area and the stop surface are in
order. Is all the protective coating from storage removed? Be sure there
are no filings or other dirt/buildup in the runner areas. Waxing the
surface might help too; you gotta do it, anyway.

Pop`

Posted to rec.woodworking

I picked up the Rigid 2 months back. When I went to HD, the first set of
rails I looked at (and quickly put back) had been seriously bent. Check to
see if they're true. Next I would check to see if both rails are aligned. I
leveled the saw top and then the rails left to right then fron to back
before tightening everything down. Then just check that you can slide 8
pages of the manual between the table underneath the fence. should be good
to go!

"Dusty" wrote in message
oups.com...
I just purchased a TS3650 table saw from HD. Assembly went well but
the problem i am having is with the fence. It does not seem to move
easily across the rails. It doesn't seem to bind at all, it just take
a bit of effort to move. The micro adjustment is useless. Big
difference compared to the saw at HD. I have adjusted the fence and
rails as described in the manual, no shims were required on the rails
and height adjustment is good on the fence. There is plenty of
clearance between the back rail and locking mechanism of the fence.
Has anyone seen this problem or know what might be going on?

Thanks
Mike

Posted to rec.woodworking

Well, I recheck that all the packaging was remove (none to remove).
Then, I checked the adjustment, I was able to slide the paper under the
fence as the manual states. So I proceeded to clean and wax the rails
and top. That helped more than I thought it would. So I tried to to
run it back and forth several times. The more I slide it across the
saw the easier it moved. Now I am thinking that it just needs a little
"break in time". The rails appeared straight, but I will but a
straight edge across them to doulbe check and I will check that they
are parallel to each other.

Thanks for all the suggestions.
Mike

Tall Oak wrote:
I picked up the Rigid 2 months back. When I went to HD, the first set of
rails I looked at (and quickly put back) had been seriously bent. Check to
see if they're true. Next I would check to see if both rails are aligned. I
leveled the saw top and then the rails left to right then fron to back
before tightening everything down. Then just check that you can slide 8
pages of the manual between the table underneath the fence. should be good
to go!

"Dusty" wrote in message
oups.com...
I just purchased a TS3650 table saw from HD. Assembly went well but
the problem i am having is with the fence. It does not seem to move
easily across the rails. It doesn't seem to bind at all, it just take
a bit of effort to move. The micro adjustment is useless. Big
difference compared to the saw at HD. I have adjusted the fence and
rails as described in the manual, no shims were required on the rails
and height adjustment is good on the fence. There is plenty of
clearance between the back rail and locking mechanism of the fence.
Has anyone seen this problem or know what might be going on?

Thanks
Mike

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dusty" wrote in message
oups.com...
I just purchased a TS3650 table saw from HD. Assembly went well but
the problem i am having is with the fence. It does not seem to move
easily across the rails. It doesn't seem to bind at all, it just take
a bit of effort to move. The micro adjustment is useless. Big
difference compared to the saw at HD. I have adjusted the fence and
rails as described in the manual, no shims were required on the rails
and height adjustment is good on the fence. There is plenty of
clearance between the back rail and locking mechanism of the fence.
Has anyone seen this problem or know what might be going on?

Thanks
Mike

Did you leave a gap between the fence and table?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Dusty wrote:

I just purchased a TS3650 table saw from HD. Assembly went well but
the problem i am having is with the fence. It does not seem to move
easily across the rails. It doesn't seem to bind at all, it just take
a bit of effort to move. The micro adjustment is useless. Big
difference compared to the saw at HD. I have adjusted the fence and
rails as described in the manual, no shims were required on the rails
and height adjustment is good on the fence. There is plenty of
clearance between the back rail and locking mechanism of the fence.
Has anyone seen this problem or know what might be going on?

Thanks
Mike

Mine was binding, but mostly it was the wood binding when I was cutting
against the fence. Problem was that I did not have my saw table and the
aux table level (running a Biesmeyer fence with 41" on the right side)
Leveled saw and table and all worked MUCH better.