Posted to rec.woodworking

Default We we make samples

On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 17:29:43 -0500, B A R R Y
wrote:

I'm almost done with a Mission sideboard for my dining room. I made a
sample door panel to practice inlaying and show my wife inlays made of
QSWO (like the door), cherry. and maple, and give her the final
choice. The practice inlays came out GREAT! I sanded the panel,
spray bombed it with shellac & lacquer to get a better finished
effect, let it dry, and brought it to her.

Her: "What are those?"
Me: "Inlays, just like the Stickley sideboard you like"
Her: "I really like the door better without them"

So, I'll have three chamfered panels, and no inlay... G

Funny how that goes, isn't it? Spend a lot of time with a "feature"
added to something and then get the, "I really liked it better plain"
comment. It does save time on the real thing though. [Not that anything
like that has ever happened to me, I've only heard about it ;-) ]

Old Wood Samples brandom11 Woodworking 6 July 9th 17 02:50 PM
We we make samples Leon Woodworking 0 December 24th 06 12:08 AM
Resaw Bragging Samples on a.b.p.w. Leon Woodworking 7 April 22nd 06 04:57 PM
Stain samples Sam Hopkins Woodworking 4 August 27th 03 04:33 PM