Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

Default Resaw Bragging Samples on a.b.p.w.

for those keeping up with the Laguna band saw story, I thought that the
table was perpendicular to the blade on the new Laguna. Resawing a 7.25"
wide piece of wood revealed a 1/64" deviation over that span. A quick tweak
of the 90 degree stop gave me a nice 4"x4"x 1/64" piece of Red Oak that
confirms "close enough".
I posted 3 pics on a.p.b.w.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels

"Leon" wrote in message
. com...
for those keeping up with the Laguna band saw story, I thought that the
table was perpendicular to the blade on the new Laguna. Resawing a 7.25"
wide piece of wood revealed a 1/64" deviation over that span. A quick
tweak of the 90 degree stop gave me a nice 4"x4"x 1/64" piece of Red Oak
that confirms "close enough".
I posted 3 pics on a.p.b.w.

This does present a quandry of sorts Leon.

If you can easily make such high quality veneer so quickly and efficently,
what are you going to do with all of it?

Perhaps your wife's dream was a prophecy of sorts.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Bob" wrote in message
oups.com...
So Leon, are you close to declaring the saw is a "keeper"? It says a
lot that you were able to hold your wood steady enough for those cuts
with that big ol' grin on your face.

Yeah the grin and all the drool. Its a keeper, it has to be. Laguna
probably would not take it back.

I really like your playing cards.

Bob

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message
. ..

This does present a quandry of sorts Leon.

If you can easily make such high quality veneer so quickly and efficently,
what are you going to do with all of it?

Perhaps your wife's dream was a prophecy of sorts.

I kept think about her dream all day today.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Boettcher

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 23:49:30 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

for those keeping up with the Laguna band saw story, I thought that the
table was perpendicular to the blade on the new Laguna. Resawing a 7.25"
wide piece of wood revealed a 1/64" deviation over that span. A quick tweak
of the 90 degree stop gave me a nice 4"x4"x 1/64" piece of Red Oak that
confirms "close enough".
I posted 3 pics on a.p.b.w.

nice pics Leon.

If I ever get mine out of storage and set up to use I'd like to
compare your guide system to mine. Mine has a roller system similar
to Carter Guides. I think I would like yours better.

Frank

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Frank Boettcher" wrote in message
On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 23:49:30 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

nice pics Leon.

Thank you Frank.

If I ever get mine out of storage and set up to use I'd like to
compare your guide system to mine. Mine has a roller system similar
to Carter Guides. I think I would like yours better.

If you feel the need you can buy the Laguna ceramic guides. I really like
the quiet, only the thump as the weld comes around.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Scorp

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 20:12:11 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

If you feel the need you can buy the Laguna ceramic guides. I really like
the quiet, only the thump as the weld comes around.

I ran a stone against the back of my blade before setting the guides
up, gave it just a slight roundover just to "break" the edges as I've
heard not to roundover with the ceramic guides.

Another suggestion: Since the guides are almost begging to be square
to start with, keep an eye on the contact points of your side guides,
and maybe use this to set your blades, instead of eyeballing on the
crown of the tires. If you can get it almost perfect, I'm thinking
"blade drift" and resultant fence adjustment would be history?

Have fun.

--------------------
Steve Jensen
Abbotsford B.C.
chopping out the mortise.
BBS'ing since 1982 at 300 bps.
Surfing along at 19200 bps since 95.
WW'ing since 1985
LV Cust #4114

Nothing catchy to say, well maybe.....
WAKE UP - There are no GODs you fools!
Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

wrote:

If you feel the need you can buy the Laguna ceramic guides. I really like
the quiet, only the thump as the weld comes around.

I ran a stone against the back of my blade before setting the guides
up, gave it just a slight roundover just to "break" the edges as I've
heard not to roundover with the ceramic guides.

Laguna actually recomends letting the guides to the rounding.

Another suggestion: Since the guides are almost begging to be square
to start with, keep an eye on the contact points of your side guides,
and maybe use this to set your blades, instead of eyeballing on the
crown of the tires. If you can get it almost perfect, I'm thinking
"blade drift" and resultant fence adjustment would be history?

Have fun.

Thanks

Resaw Blade Advice Frank Drackman Woodworking 6 February 1st 06 05:13 AM
Resaw question David Woodworking 7 January 30th 06 12:00 PM
True resaw capacity of Delta 28-475X band saw? Billy Smith Woodworking 9 August 23rd 05 11:33 PM
New Jet 16" Bandsaw and Resaw Blade bowhunter Woodworking 1 November 10th 04 01:09 PM
Stain samples Sam Hopkins Woodworking 4 August 27th 03 04:33 PM