Posted to rec.woodworking

Default CRAFTSMAN BATTERY REPLACEMENT

I have one of the Craftsman Pro LIne of drills and the batteries are
soft. Our local Sears Hardware wants $86 for a replacement battery.
Touring Home Depot I see Ryobi 18 volt batteries that look similar. I
purchased the twin pack for $39. I took it home and it plugged in but
did not match the bottom of the holder on the drill or light that I
have but polarity was right and the drill worked. I remove the
batteries from the Ryobi case and with a little cutting of the straps
and rearanging the batteries I am now back in business. The contact
post and the thermal sensors all stayed intact. It was a decision as
to whether to discard the drill and light or buy new. I know some
Sears stuff the batteries are low amperage. The Ryobi were 2000 ma.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Quite often you can find a new drill and two batteries on sale for less than
the cost of a battery and a half.

Buy this setup and sell the new drill and batteries in the shiny new case
and your battery replacement can be really inexpensive.

"BT98" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have one of the Craftsman Pro LIne of drills and the batteries are
soft. Our local Sears Hardware wants $86 for a replacement battery.
Touring Home Depot I see Ryobi 18 volt batteries that look similar. I
purchased the twin pack for $39. I took it home and it plugged in but
did not match the bottom of the holder on the drill or light that I
have but polarity was right and the drill worked. I remove the
batteries from the Ryobi case and with a little cutting of the straps
and rearanging the batteries I am now back in business. The contact
post and the thermal sensors all stayed intact. It was a decision as
to whether to discard the drill and light or buy new. I know some
Sears stuff the batteries are low amperage. The Ryobi were 2000 ma.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I think it was "resrfglc" who stated:

Quite often you can find a new drill and two batteries on sale for less than
the cost of a battery and a half.

Buy this setup and sell the new drill and batteries in the shiny new case
and your battery replacement can be really inexpensive.

And then the poor schmuck who buys the drill in the "shiny new case"
gets tricked into buying worn out batteries from you.

You're a cheap *******, aren't you.

Fraudulent, too.
--
"Ladies and gentlemen take my advice.
Pull down your pants and slide on the ice."

-- Sidney Freedman
Posted to rec.woodworking

I have one of the Craftsman Pro LIne of drills and the batteries are
soft. Our local Sears Hardware wants $86 for a replacement battery.

Check online.

I bought batteries for my Craftsman drill a couple of years ago from:

http://www.atbatt.com/product/6624.asp

I paid $38 each, but they're running around $47 now. Shop around a little
and you might even find better pricing. They have more power and last
longer than my original batteries.

You probably need a different battery than I did, but equivalents for most
Craftsman batteries are fairly easy to find.

Anthony
Posted to rec.woodworking

BT98 wrote:

I have one of the Craftsman Pro LIne of drills and the batteries are
soft. Our local Sears Hardware wants $86 for a replacement battery.
Touring Home Depot I see Ryobi 18 volt batteries that look similar. I
purchased the twin pack for $39. I took it home and it plugged in but
did not match the bottom of the holder on the drill or light that I
have but polarity was right and the drill worked. I remove the
batteries from the Ryobi case and with a little cutting of the straps
and rearanging the batteries I am now back in business. The contact
post and the thermal sensors all stayed intact. It was a decision as
to whether to discard the drill and light or buy new. I know some
Sears stuff the batteries are low amperage. The Ryobi were 2000 ma.

www.voltmanbatteries.com 1-419-526-1570

Just bought a 'pair' of rebuilt(mine) Ni_cads (2000ma) for $35 + 1_way
ship
this summer ... lasting longer that the OEMs ... :-)

Ed.

Posted to rec.woodworking

You're a cheap *******, aren't you.

Oh, gosh, you are so quick to judge the prospective buyer as one incapable
of noticing he's purchasing a new drill and case with two used batteries.

Or the seller as so fraudulent an individual as to attempt to pass off the
equipment as new.

"Don Fearn" wrote in message
I think it was "resrfglc" who stated:

Quite often you can find a new drill and two batteries on sale for less
than
the cost of a battery and a half.

Buy this setup and sell the new drill and batteries in the shiny new case
and your battery replacement can be really inexpensive.

And then the poor schmuck who buys the drill in the "shiny new case"
gets tricked into buying worn out batteries from you.

You're a cheap *******, aren't you.

Fraudulent, too.
--
"Ladies and gentlemen take my advice.
Pull down your pants and slide on the ice."

-- Sidney Freedman

Posted to rec.woodworking
CW CW is offline

And you would, wouldn't you?

"resrfglc" wrote in message

Or the seller as so fraudulent an individual as to attempt to pass off the
equipment as new.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 23:25:21 +0000, resrfglc wrote:

You're a cheap *******, aren't you.

Oh, gosh, you are so quick to judge the prospective buyer as one incapable
of noticing he's purchasing a new drill and case with two used
batteries.

No doubt everyone who goes to buy a drill has the instruments in his
possession at time of purchase to assess the condition of the batteries.
Hint--unless the batteries have taken a beating in service you can't tell
by looking at them if they are new or used. Some people maul their tools,
others don't.

Or the seller as so fraudulent an individual as to attempt to pass off
the equipment as new.

That was exactly the suggestion as it appears to be what he was proposing.

And people _will_ do that.

"Don Fearn" wrote in message
I think it was "resrfglc" who stated:

Quite often you can find a new drill and two batteries on sale for less
than
the cost of a battery and a half.

Buy this setup and sell the new drill and batteries in the shiny new
case and your battery replacement can be really inexpensive.

And then the poor schmuck who buys the drill in the "shiny new case"
gets tricked into buying worn out batteries from you.

You're a cheap *******, aren't you.

Fraudulent, too.
--
"Ladies and gentlemen take my advice. Pull down your pants and slide on
the ice."

-- Sidney Freedman

--
--John