Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cutting P-formed Countertop

A magazine I saw today featured a JIG for cutting Post Formed Countertops
such as the one a reader had a problem with last week (and posted here).

Basically, it is two pieces of 3/4" MDF or plywood (one bout six inches
longer than the counter top is deep and the other about six inches longer
than the backsplash is high/tall.

These are joined at right angles so as to lay on the counter top (with the
counter top positioned "right side" down).

A strip of wood is fixed to the edge(s) to guide a "skill saw" base plate
as it cut through the MDF Support and the Counter-top below, then run "down"
the back side to cut the back splash in the same fashion.

With the "good side" down, it appears to meet all the requirements for a
clean cut and could be adapted ( I suspect) to cutting the 90's our OP
required.

Sorry I forgot to note the name of the publication!

Posted to rec.woodworking

You mean this one:

http://www.WoodworkingTips.com/etips/etip022500wb.html

resrfglc wrote:
A magazine I saw today featured a JIG for cutting Post Formed Countertops
such as the one a reader had a problem with last week (and posted here).

Posted to rec.woodworking

" You mean this one: http://www.WoodworkingTips.com/etips/etip022500wb.html

YES:

The jig mimics the simple guide a lot of people use to cut plywood, but it
has a second (shorter) leg that wraps around the backsplash.

resrfglc wrote:
A magazine I saw today featured a JIG for cutting Post Formed Countertops
such as the one a reader had a problem with last week (and posted here).

Posted to rec.woodworking

resrfglc wrote:
A magazine I saw today featured a JIG for cutting Post Formed Countertops
such as the one a reader had a problem with last week (and posted here).

Nothing wrong with that! Makes a whole lot of sense.