Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Looking for Knock Down Fitting from TILUS?

Have a desk that is missing one knock down fitting. I have a picture
of what I am looking for at...

http://franz.org/ebay/kndown.jpg

There is very small print on it that looks like the name "TILUS",
though I may be missing a letter. Does this sound familar to anyone.
Also states "3A".

The large end opening is 10mm and it is 1 3/4 inches long. Any idea on
who makes this or where I can find one.

Thanks for any help.

Posted to rec.woodworking

http://www.secureonlineshopping.biz/...ardware/g6.pdf

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=2334

"Albert" wrote in message
ps.com...
Have a desk that is missing one knock down fitting. I have a picture
of what I am looking for at...

http://franz.org/ebay/kndown.jpg

There is very small print on it that looks like the name "TILUS",
though I may be missing a letter. Does this sound familar to anyone.
Also states "3A".

The large end opening is 10mm and it is 1 3/4 inches long. Any idea on
who makes this or where I can find one.

Thanks for any help.

It has removed 3420 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12 Dec 2006 12:17:12 -0800, "Albert" wrote:

Have a desk that is missing one knock down fitting. I have a picture
of what I am looking for at...

http://franz.org/ebay/kndown.jpg

There is very small print on it that looks like the name "TILUS",
though I may be missing a letter. Does this sound familar to anyone.
Also states "3A".

The large end opening is 10mm and it is 1 3/4 inches long. Any idea on
who makes this or where I can find one.

Thanks for any help.

It's probably Titus.

You can get them from www.woodworkershardware.com

Go to the hardware section, then knockdown or assembly fittings.

Paul

Posted to rec.woodworking

Thanks Paul. Looks like they have the dowel. Looking now for the
matching cam and I found this diagram showing 4 different parts. I
assume the difference is dependent on the thickness of the wood. But
looking at this diagram the B2 values don't make sense. (i.e. 1/2mm,
5/8mm, etc.) How should one read this? The B values seem feasible.

http://wwhardware.com/media/products...s/t5644dia.gif

Thanks, Al

Paul Franklin wrote:
On 12 Dec 2006 12:17:12 -0800, "Albert" wrote:

Have a desk that is missing one knock down fitting. I have a picture
of what I am looking for at...

http://franz.org/ebay/kndown.jpg

There is very small print on it that looks like the name "TILUS",
though I may be missing a letter. Does this sound familar to anyone.
Also states "3A".

The large end opening is 10mm and it is 1 3/4 inches long. Any idea on
who makes this or where I can find one.

Thanks for any help.

It's probably Titus.

You can get them from www.woodworkershardware.com

Go to the hardware section, then knockdown or assembly fittings.

Paul

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12 Dec 2006 15:46:02 -0800, "Albert" wrote:

Thanks Paul. Looks like they have the dowel. Looking now for the
matching cam and I found this diagram showing 4 different parts. I
assume the difference is dependent on the thickness of the wood. But
looking at this diagram the B2 values don't make sense. (i.e. 1/2mm,
5/8mm, etc.) How should one read this? The B values seem feasible.

http://wwhardware.com/media/products...s/t5644dia.gif

Thanks, Al

The mm's should be in the B column. B2 column as shown is in inches.

So they're for 1/2", 5/8", 3/4" and 15/16" thick materials.

If you figure it out, B is half of B2, but metric and rounded
slightly. (More likely the inch figures are rounded)

Incidentally, here is the Titus web site:

http://www.titusplus.co.uk/languages.html

Good luck,

Paul

KNOCK-DOWN HUTCH J T Woodworking 0 December 31st 05 02:16 AM
KNOCK-DOWN SAWHORSE J T Woodworking 1 September 18th 05 11:45 AM
INSPIRATION - Knock-down Table J T Woodworking 0 September 18th 05 04:39 AM
knock down knock down ginger dave @ stejonda UK diy 35 February 17th 05 02:21 PM
Can I knock this down? Stephen Gower UK diy 5 November 19th 04 12:11 PM