Bob Bowles

Default Building Display Stand?

Methinks you're being too stealthy. I've made several 'display
stands' for things like small frames for pictures using thin wood and
small hinge that serve the function. What are you trying to display?

On 19 Jul 2003 09:53:50 -0700, (Healthy
Stealthy wrote:

I am someone who has hardly any experience in wood work. However, I
would like to have unique display stands built for a product I am
creating.

Bob Bowles

Size aside what I've made are SMALL fold out stands that are merely J
shapes with hinges. Can't see why size would preclude same concept.
Triangular footprint with bottom support and angles up for grabs.
Hope it makes sense. Consider an artists easel? Seems to fit the
need.

On 20 Jul 2003 06:51:54 -0700, (Healthy
Stealthy wrote:

I am trying to display a retail art product that I am trying to get
off the ground. The display unit will either be standing on the
counter in front of the cash registar, or on the floor up to 5 feet. I
am not sure yet. All I know, is, I want this display unit to be
tastefully styled and not look like the others. I am trying to CREATE
A BRAND so that means having a unique look even down to the display
unit.

Dave Balderstone

In article , Healthy
Stealthy ; wrote:

All I know, is, I want this display unit to be
tastefully styled and not look like the others. I am trying to CREATE
A BRAND so that means having a unique look even down to the display
unit.

I think you need to either create the design and ask for advice on how
to build it, or find a craftsman who wil design it for you on a
commission basis.

Trying to build a brand by asking for free designs is not wise. You
need someone who will work with you one on one, and who has the ability
to look at your retail art product and design something complementary.

IOW, you're asking the wrong question, in the wrong forum.

My $0.02, along with my sincere best wishes for your success in this
venture.

djb

--
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who
have not got it." -- G.B. Shaw
Healthy Stealthy ;

Dave Balderstone wrote in message .. .
In article , Healthy
Stealthy ; wrote:

All I know, is, I want this display unit to be
tastefully styled and not look like the others. I am trying to CREATE
A BRAND so that means having a unique look even down to the display
unit.

I think you need to either create the design and ask for advice on how
to build it, or find a craftsman who wil design it for you on a
commission basis.

Trying to build a brand by asking for free designs is not wise. You
need someone who will work with you one on one, and who has the ability
to look at your retail art product and design something complementary.

IOW, you're asking the wrong question, in the wrong forum.

My $0.02, along with my sincere best wishes for your success in this
venture.

djb

Dave, thanks for the best wishes.
On the other hand, I was NOT asking for free design help in this
forum. I was asking this forum if there was any tutorials online you
could direct me to. However, I can see why you would think I was
asking for free help from this forum. But that was not my intention.
My intention was to get free online tutorials, and get the links from
this forum.