Posted to rec.woodworking

Default DeWalt 710 RAS fixer upper question

Recently picked up an old radial arm saw and need a bit of advice

Manual available here http://www.owwm.com/files/PDF/Dewalt/710RAS.pdf
(neat site over all)

the arbor is missing the two spacer washers
The ones I am referring to the pair shown on the bottom right of page 3
of the pdf, or # 13 on pg 27

So would those spacers be common enough to get elsewhere, would a stack
of normal flat washers work?
I haven't asked dewalt yet because I am not expecting much service on
something that has been out of their line
up for so long.
Thanks for your help

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
Recently picked up an old radial arm saw and need a bit of advice

Manual available here
http://www.owwm.com/files/PDF/Dewalt/710RAS.pdf
(neat site over all)

the arbor is missing the two spacer washers
The ones I am referring to the pair shown on the bottom right of page 3
of the pdf, or # 13 on pg 27

So would those spacers be common enough to get elsewhere, would a stack
of normal flat washers work?
I haven't asked dewalt yet because I am not expecting much service on
something that has been out of their line
up for so long.
Thanks for your help

Anyone with advice on it? Dont make me put 'I love to make pukey ducks
on my SawStop in the subject line

I added some 5/8 washers on it and it does run. Just a bit concerned
about safety as they are a lot more metal than the spacers would
normally be.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Best route is to ask at the owwm forum www.owwm.org