Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Grizzly 12 inch drum sander

Has anyone here purchased this sander, looked it over closely or maybe
seen a demo work? Just wondering what your thoughts were. I'm kicking
around the idea of buying one. Looks like it would save an awful lot
of time by running boards through to remove planer marks. I have a
stack of hickory that is just begging for something like this.

Bryan

Posted to rec.woodworking
bf bf is offline

damnyankee wrote:
Has anyone here purchased this sander, looked it over closely or maybe
seen a demo work? Just wondering what your thoughts were. I'm kicking
around the idea of buying one. Looks like it would save an awful lot
of time by running boards through to remove planer marks. I have a
stack of hickory that is just begging for something like this.

Bryan

If you can afford something wider, I'd save up. Haven't used or seen
that particular model.

Posted to rec.woodworking

bf wrote:
damnyankee wrote:
Has anyone here purchased this sander, looked it over closely or maybe
seen a demo work? Just wondering what your thoughts were. I'm kicking
around the idea of buying one. Looks like it would save an awful lot
of time by running boards through to remove planer marks. I have a
stack of hickory that is just begging for something like this.

Bryan

If you can afford something wider, I'd save up. Haven't used or seen
that particular model.

Yes, but I think I could get the 12inch in the basement without
"somebody" noticing. A 24inch would be a little more difficult.

Bryan

Posted to rec.woodworking
bf bf is offline

damnyankee wrote:
Yes, but I think I could get the 12inch in the basement without
"somebody" noticing. A 24inch would be a little more difficult.

Bryan

Wives aren't supposed to be feared LOL.. Explain to her all the time
and money a 24 inch would save. And it would also get that list of
TO-DOs done so much quicker

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lou Lou is offline

Thats why I keep a couple of fake mice at the bottom of the stairs.

Posted to rec.woodworking

damnyankee wrote:

Yes, but I think I could get the 12inch in the basement without
"somebody" noticing. A 24inch would be a little more difficult.

Bryan

Leave the DC off for a while. She'll give you plenty of room ... by the
time the dust clears and she has ventured into your sanctum sanctorum
(wood shop) you can look her in the eye and honestly say:

"Why no, hon ... that isn't new."

;-)

'New' is SUCH a subjective term ... ;-)

Bill
Posted to rec.woodworking

bf wrote:
damnyankee wrote:
Yes, but I think I could get the 12inch in the basement without
"somebody" noticing. A 24inch would be a little more difficult.

Bryan

Wives aren't supposed to be feared LOL.. Explain to her all the time
and money a 24 inch would save. And it would also get that list of
TO-DOs done so much quicker

I've worn that out! I need a new excuse.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Bill in Detroit wrote:
damnyankee wrote:

Yes, but I think I could get the 12inch in the basement without
"somebody" noticing. A 24inch would be a little more difficult.

Bryan

Leave the DC off for a while. She'll give you plenty of room ... by the
time the dust clears and she has ventured into your sanctum sanctorum
(wood shop) you can look her in the eye and honestly say:

"Why no, hon ... that isn't new."

;-)

'New' is SUCH a subjective term ... ;-)

Bill

I've thought about doing this... All I'd need to do is run the belt
sander for a half hour and everything looks like it's been there for
years.

Bryan