RonB

Default Grizzly Hand Held Drum Sander

Grizzly offers a couple of hand held drum sanders - catalogue #'s H2881 and
H2882. They sell in the $60 to $90 range depending on size. They can be
matched to an electric or pneumatic drill to provide hand-held sculpting and
contour sanding. Does anyone out there have experience with these?

I have seen similar, dedicated machines from other sources at 2 to 4 times
the price.

RonB

Robatoy

In article vHF7e.165$mS1.70@okepread04, "RonB"
wrote:

H2882

Yup, know it well. I use those and the the SandBoss pneumatic drums all
the time. I use them to finish the sink cut-outs for under-mounted sinks
and cook-tops in solid surface material. The bigger ones are much easier
to control, the 2881 tends to want to gouge and dig-in.

90 bucks is great value.

The SandBoss doesn't have a 'two-handed' handle, so it is more difficult
to handle, but it 'averages' the sanded area better than the 2882. The
other down-side on the SandBoss, is that the lateral forces on the
drill's bearing will destroy them rather quickly. Those bearings are
usually not designed for that 'sideways' load. The way the 2882 handles,
greatly reduces the stress on those bearings.