Posted to rec.woodworking

Default ISO - Cordless Finish Nailer w/Trigger Safety

I'm looking for a cordless finish nailer with a trigger safety instead
of the traditional safety at the nose of the gun. I find that thing
gets in the way and while I know there is not an OEM that will make a
gun w/o a safety I'll settle for one on the trigger.

If I can't find exactly what I'm looking for is it possible to defeat
(remove) the nose safety from other cordless gun and if so which
manufacturer would I have the best luck with?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"TexasLegend" wrote in
oups.com:

I'm looking for a cordless finish nailer with a trigger safety instead
of the traditional safety at the nose of the gun. I find that thing
gets in the way and while I know there is not an OEM that will make a
gun w/o a safety I'll settle for one on the trigger.

If I can't find exactly what I'm looking for is it possible to defeat
(remove) the nose safety from other cordless gun and if so which
manufacturer would I have the best luck with?

My HF air nailer has a tip mounted safety trigger, but it's easy enough
to reach with my fingers and pull up.

Puckdropper

Posted to rec.woodworking

TexasLegend wrote:
I'm looking for a cordless finish nailer with a trigger safety instead
of the traditional safety at the nose of the gun. I find that thing
gets in the way and while I know there is not an OEM that will make a
gun w/o a safety I'll settle for one on the trigger.

If I can't find exactly what I'm looking for is it possible to defeat
(remove) the nose safety from other cordless gun and if so which
manufacturer would I have the best luck with?

Try a Bostich dealer. ISTR that they were quite flexible about their
safety features depending on the final use of the tool.

Bill

--
If God didn't exist, there would be no need for atheists.
Posted to rec.woodworking

TexasLegend wrote:
I'm looking for a cordless finish nailer with a trigger safety instead
of the traditional safety at the nose of the gun. I find that thing
gets in the way and while I know there is not an OEM that will make a
gun w/o a safety I'll settle for one on the trigger.

If I can't find exactly what I'm looking for is it possible to defeat
(remove) the nose safety from other cordless gun and if so which
manufacturer would I have the best luck with?

My PC air nailer has the option of a trigger safety. Maybe they have a
cordless model with the same option. If not it would be easy enough to
bypass a nose safety.

Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Wed, Nov 29, 2006, 11:59am (EST-3) (TexasLegend) has
stated:
I'm looking for a cordless finish nailer with a trigger safety instead
of the traditional safety at the nose of the gun. I find that thing gets
in the way and while I know there is not an OEM that will make a gun w/o
a safety I'll settle for one on the trigger.
If I can't find exactly what I'm looking for is it possible to defeat
(remove) the nose safety from other cordless gun and if so which
manufacturer would I have the best luck with?

Hope the Hell you don't live anywhere near me. Yeah, yeah, you can
be careful with it, and not shoot it except into wood. But, how about
someone that comes along and picks it up, and squeezes the trigger?
Maybe a kid? Or, you squeeze the trigger yourself, by accident? Or,
something catches the trigger as you put it down or pick it up? If
you're really lucky, it'll shoot into something nonfleshy. If you're
not so lucky it could hit something hard and richochet. You could shoot
yourself in the foot, or with an unlucky richochet in your ass. Or,
your wife could get really ****ed at you, and kow about y our "safety"
and come along and "accidently" shoot you with it and kill you, for the
insurance. You obviously ain't thinking this thru. Either that or
you're trolling. I'd leave the safety as is.

JOAT
Democratic justice. One man, one rock.

Posted to rec.woodworking

JOAT....STFU!

what if a kid finds the keys to your yugo and crashes into a crowd of
people. better yet, what if you catch him/her just as they leave the
driveway...jump on the hood....he/she backs into the neighbor's car and
you flip over top richoceting off the pavement into the neighbor's
cactus?

let's be realistic. not everyone is stupid as you and goes around
pulling triggers at random until they find one that'll light 'em up. go
crawl back in your yellow democrat hole and leave this to the
professionals.

the legend.