Sathyan Sundaram

Default clamping perpendicular boards

(newbie question)

I have a few "c" and spring clamps but what really need is something
to hold two board perpendicular to each other so I can drive in
screws. I can't seem to hold it straight enough by hand. Any
suggestions?

Sathyan

PC

Has anyone used these? How did they perform? They don't look like they
exert much force.

Phil

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Sathyan Sundaram" wrote in message
om...

(newbie question)

I have a few "c" and spring clamps but what really need is something
to hold two board perpendicular to each other so I can drive in
screws. I can't seem to hold it straight enough by hand. Any
suggestions?

Sathyan

Jet makes a clamp that slips over the boards. Can work on corners or
perpendicular. About $20 a set at Woodcraft.

Edwin Pawlowski

"PC" wrote in message
Has anyone used these? How did they perform? They don't look like they
exert much force.

Phil

I would not suggest them if I didn't like them. They don't offer much in
the way of force, but they hold things in place and properly aligned. The OP
said he was going to screw the pieces together. They are perfect for that.
Sort of like having another arm or two.
Ed

Mike

Rockler makes a 90 degree corner bracket, I think they call it "clamp-it"
and costs about 10 bucks or so. I use them all the time with a few clamps
to hold the work together.

Mike

"Sathyan Sundaram" wrote in message
om...
(newbie question)

I have a few "c" and spring clamps but what really need is something
to hold two board perpendicular to each other so I can drive in
screws. I can't seem to hold it straight enough by hand. Any
suggestions?

Sathyan

JLucas ILS

they arent clamps so much as they are alignment jigs. They will hold tight
enough so that you can drill and screw.

Lifting boards with a metal tongue? enuff UK diy 8 January 22nd 04 02:05 PM
Wooden Floor Adam UK diy 17 November 8th 03 01:57 PM
Jig for perpendicular holes in a rod Alex Metalworking 4 August 24th 03 07:51 AM