Posted to rec.woodworking

Default leftover lumber from deck. Ideas?

I got a lot of time, space, and a @!$#*%!-load of small pieces of PT
lumber leftover from building my new deck.

Nothing very long, but a lot of 5/4, 2x4 and 4x4's all 1-4 feet.

I have a decent shop, but no lathe. I don't mind a lot of glue up.

Ideas for projects? I am assuming outdoor, since it's all PT.
Planters? chairs?

I am looking for stuff that's simple, since I want to use up this scrap
wood quickly.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
ups.com...
I got a lot of time, space, and a @!$#*%!-load of small pieces of PT
lumber leftover from building my new deck.

Nothing very long, but a lot of 5/4, 2x4 and 4x4's all 1-4 feet.

I have a decent shop, but no lathe. I don't mind a lot of glue up.

Ideas for projects? I am assuming outdoor, since it's all PT.
Planters? chairs?

I am looking for stuff that's simple, since I want to use up this scrap
wood quickly.

Last year I made a simple 4' bench from plans in Wood Magazine. Used 4 x 4
for the legs and everything else was 5/4, IIRC. A couple of Adirondack
chairs would be nice. I also made four 16" square tables for use on the
patio. Not fancy be very useful. There are photos of them all on my web
page.

Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Posted to rec.woodworking

lwhaley wrote:

Put that pressure treated stuff out with the garbage. Unless you have
an actual project in mind it's not worth it to keep it on the property
nor to be further exposed to the harmful chemical it contains. It is
well suited for it's purpose but the cut-offs are just good for the
landfill.

Exactly what hazards are you worried about?

AQC doesn' t have the Chromium or Arsenic in it
that were in CCA.

--

FF