Posted to rec.woodworking
Prometheus Prometheus is offline

Default leftover lumber from deck. Ideas?

On 8 Nov 2006 15:58:05 -0800, wrote:

I got a lot of time, space, and a @!$#*%!-load of small pieces of PT
lumber leftover from building my new deck.

Nothing very long, but a lot of 5/4, 2x4 and 4x4's all 1-4 feet.

I have a decent shop, but no lathe. I don't mind a lot of glue up.

Ideas for projects? I am assuming outdoor, since it's all PT.
Planters? chairs?

I am looking for stuff that's simple, since I want to use up this scrap
wood quickly.

While not all that simple, I used PT lumber to make a nice classic
style park bench a couple of years ago. That used 6' sections on the
seat slats and back stretchers, but the legs, seat supports, arms, and
slats in the back were all less than 3' long. If you don't want to
buy any wood for it, I'd imagine a set of chairs made in a similar
style would be just as comfy.