Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Blow Molded cases

What, if anything, are they good for after the tool has a home in the
gar...shop? NOT EVER gonna move again. And that's only reason I can think
of.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Rick Samuel wrote:
What, if anything, are they good for after the tool has a home in the
gar...shop? NOT EVER gonna move again. And that's only reason I can think
of.

Probably nothing - to you.
Personally, I use them to carry the tools from jobsite to jobsite.
(That's Mum's, Sons', and other ones)

If you cut out the inner lining (leaving just the outer case), then you
can re-use the case for other tools - expanding foam is good to make a
new lining - if you can stop it sticking to the tools as it sets!

--
BigEgg
Hack to size. Hammer to fit. Weld to join. Grind to shape. Paint to cover.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 5, 2:14 pm, "Rick Samuel" wrote:
What, if anything, are they good for after the tool has a home in the
gar...shop?

eBay? I often see them posted, but don't know if they sell. Just be
nice and clearly label it CASE ONLY. I heard of a guy who sold some
video game console "new box" (almost "new in box"...) for a few hundred
bucks, and it turns out it was just the box.
Don't be that guy.
No, to get back to your question, I have several plastic tool cases of
varying quality sitting around empty, and I haven't come up with any
good use for them. So far, I'd say anything that's really blow-molded
(read: anything from Harbor Freight) is worst, and my Dewalt drill case
is the best plastic one I have. But then, if I'm not using them for
anything, who cares how nice the case is?
Oh, well,
Andy

Posted to rec.woodworking

Andy wrote:

eBay? I often see them posted, but don't know if they sell.

I've sold a few, and frankly can't understand why someone would pay ten
bucks plus shipping for a box that, at least to me, is pretty much
worthless. To each his own.

Blow out Sprinklers with Compressor? Chris Shearer Cooper Woodworking 18 October 26th 17 02:43 AM
molded brass L bracket ... [email protected] Woodworking 2 December 29th 04 12:08 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Is there a way to DIY blow foam insulation into cavities? Ian Stirling UK diy 3 November 27th 04 03:53 AM