Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Lee Valley Customer Service

I know this topic has been covered on every angle possible but I had
to bring it up.

I bought a can of Bostik TopCote last week from Lee Valley but
actually made a mistake and I ordered the DriCote lubricant instead
(read my fault!). I sent them an email to let them know I'd like to
return it and get the initial product instead. I made sure to mention
to their customer service I wanted to pay for the shipping (both ways)
since it was my mistake. I even underlined the text about paying for
shipping just to make sure they don't miss it - it's not their fault
afterall, it's mine.

I got a reply less than 1 hour later, the product I wanted was
shipping the same day and they told me to reuse the box I would
receive to return the other product I didn't want with a short note
about it (I'll simply print their reply). Obviously, no charge at all
for shipping both ways.

Gheez, the can sells for 14.50$ and Lee Valley end up paying shipping
both ways (minimum 6$-7$ each shipping)... In a nutshell, they end up
giving me the product. They will send me a confirmation letter in a
few days to let me know every thing's OK and they hope I'm happy with
them. It's darn clear their business is not just about "selling"
stuff... It's obvious the customer is at the top of their priority.

If all businesses in the world would just try to achieve 10% of Lee
Valley's customer service quality, you bet the world would be a much
nicer place.

Greg D.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Greg D." wrote in message
I know this topic has been covered on every angle possible but I had
to bring it up.

I bought a can of Bostik TopCote last week from Lee Valley but
actually made a mistake and I ordered the DriCote lubricant instead

CUSTOMER SERVICE=
Lee Valley= Canadian, not an American company

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 4, 10:31 pm, "Dave Jackson" wrote:
Why not keep the Dri-cote? It's great stuff for lubricating saw blades,
router bits, jointer knives etc... Try it! You may like it! --dave

You seem to have some understanding how Robin Lee's mind works.G

Posted to rec.woodworking

Greg D. wrote:

If all businesses in the world would just try to achieve 10% of Lee
Valley's customer service quality, you bet the world would be a much
nicer place.

A while ago, when I was job hunting, I received great courtesy and
generosity from a local printer. After one incident, I said, "Do you
realize that you're making it impossible for me to take my business to
anyone else?" and the owner said, "erm.. well, sort of."

and I still won't go anywhere else, for anything they can handle.

rm

Posted to rec.woodworking

"BobMac" wrote in message
Greg D. wrote:

If all businesses in the world would just try to achieve 10% of Lee

Remember in the 80's when they did studies about workers and couldn't
understand why American's will not work like the Japanese?
Remember when the Big "3" did all of that testing to see what we wanted in
the way of cars?
Remember when your Mom bought you clothes and shoes because they were good
quality and lasted?
Remember when 20 cents a gallon gas got you your oil checked, tire pressure
checked, window cleaned, tranny checked...etc?
I remember buying $5 worth of gas and driving two weeks ( and I do mean
driving) before refilling, do you?
I also remember banks begging you to open a checking acct., or maybe a
savings acct. or even a Christmas club acct. Maybe you would get a portable
radio, or clock or a toaster.
Remember when you bought a pair of pants, they would measure the length,
waist, and you would go and pick them up and have a pair that fit right?
I still remember Keds or PF Flyers lasting a year or two, you?
Remember families going to church an Sundays?
Remember families getting together on Sundays for dinner?
Remember Sundays, nothing open and we had "nothing to do"? (Blue laws)
Remember when a store would work at keeping your business? (with service)
Remember when a family sat down and ate supper together?
There are a great many more of these.
But IMHO, they have all gone away due to profit (greed) of the American
business, and people.
Just my thoughts...sorry for the long rant.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"Brent Beal" wrote in
:

"BobMac" wrote in message
Greg D. wrote:

If all businesses in the world would just try to achieve 10% of Lee

Remember in the 80's when they did studies about workers and couldn't
understand why American's will not work like the Japanese?

yes

Remember when the Big "3" did all of that testing to see what we
wanted in the way of cars?

Not really I had Fix It Again Tony cars, and I really liked them ...

Remember when your Mom bought you clothes and shoes because they were
good quality and lasted?

Yes, but she paid in guilders.

Remember when 20 cents a gallon gas got you your oil checked, tire
pressure checked, window cleaned, tranny checked...etc?

I think it was more than that when I got to the US, but yes, service
station was what is was called.

I remember buying $5 worth of gas and driving two weeks ( and I do
mean driving) before refilling, do you?

But what was your annual salary then, or your Dad's? When gas was
recently around $1.50/gal it really was the cheapest ever, when
inflation-adjusted

I also remember banks begging you to open a checking acct., or maybe a
savings acct. or even a Christmas club acct. Maybe you would get a
portable radio, or clock or a toaster.

And then it broke.

Remember when you bought a pair of pants, they would measure the
length, waist, and you would go and pick them up and have a pair that
fit right? I still remember Keds or PF Flyers lasting a year or two,
you?
Remember families going to church an Sundays?

Some family members still do, but in general I do not believe that going
to church automagically makes you a good person, witness evangelists
doing what I would not want anyone to do.

Remember families getting together on Sundays for dinner?

We still do regularly, but the kids live really close by, and so do his
parents.

Remember Sundays, nothing open and we had "nothing to do"? (Blue laws)

I live now in Bergen County, NJ. Only slightly more relaxed than way
back in Holland.

Remember when a store would work at keeping your business? (with
service) Remember when a family sat down and ate supper together?
There are a great many more of these.
But IMHO, they have all gone away due to profit (greed) of the
American business, and people.

No, times change, and Many people have now more "freedom" than ever
before, and even less common sense.

Just my thoughts...sorry for the long rant.

For one, I do appreciate!

But, let us not act like nattering nabobs of negativism grin.
Vote Democratic even bigger grin

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
oups.com...

(snip)

You seem to have some understanding how Robin Lee's mind works.G

Poor guy....