Posted to rec.woodworking

Default bread box

Looking for a nice plan for kitchen bread box

Posted to rec.woodworking

I think it was "Don Richard" who stated:

Looking for a nice plan for kitchen bread box

I have a nice kitchen bread box. Made up the plans in me own 'ead.

What I did was lay some bread loaves out, measured the space, and made
a box that fit around that space. I actually used three large loaves,
with two on the bottom and one on the top and then made a box with a
sloping front that has a dowel hinge at the bottom for bread access.
I'll try ascii art to show what I mean:

====\\
|| \\
|| \\
|| \\
|| \\
|| \\
||_________o\ --- hinge
_____________|

(This is the side view)

The slope is actually a little greater and the top relatively wider
than I can show with the limitations of the art form. I used 3/4 inch
mahogany and finished it with Minwax Antique Oil finish.

-Don
Posted to rec.woodworking

Try this...

http://www.am-wood.com/nov97/bread.html.