Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Charlie Self

Default SawStop files with GPO/CPSC for mandatory use in US

Leon writes:

A similar senerio and one I hate with a passion is forced auto liability
insurance in Texas. The insurance companies made this happen. But, I want
to drive a car so I buy this insurance for the other guy, along with
uninsured motorists insurance for me, along with PIP or personal injury
protection in the event I do it to myself. Now that surely does become
expensve... Insuring the other guy, youself, and yourself from the other
guy. Do I see over lap coverage here?
Would I be caught with out it... Probably not. Would you?

When I was a kid, New York instituted forced auto liability insurance. We won't
talk about the cost rise from maybe 50 bucks to whatever it is in Westchester
County today--I can't afford the houses there, either. But that was in 1957.
Today, you have to be exceptionally poor or crazy to go without auto insurance.
Even a small accident involving other people can not only bankrupt you, but can
keep you bankrupt for a lifetime. This is not totally the fault of insurance
companies getting what they want, but is the combined problem created by overly
powerful insurance companies (sit back and think about how much of your life is
run by insurnace company demands--they even tell churches how many dusk-to-down
lights they've got to have to keep their policies), but also by lawyers who
inflate judgments in order to make sure their half the result is worth keeping.

Charlie Self

If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave
it to.
Dorothy Parker