Posted to rec.woodworking

Default 1950's doors

There was a door design from the 1950's which had 3 window panes in the
upper corner that were shaped like "BELLS". I'm sure the actual design
differed somewhat from my drawing, but this gives you the basic idea:
http://170.photobucket.com/albums/i9...lrod2/Door.jpg
I did this from memory AND it's been years since I've seen one. If
anybody has a photo OR knows where there's one of these doors, would
you mind taking a picture of it and emailing it to me? I have the
woodworking skills to replicate this design. All I need is a picture to
use as my template. My chances of finding one of those doors for sale
are ZERO, (I've been searching for a while) so my next best bet is to
custom build it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Bryan Lord

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
ups.com...
There was a door design from the 1950's which had 3 window panes in the
upper corner that were shaped like "BELLS". I'm sure the actual design
differed somewhat from my drawing, but this gives you the basic idea:
http://170.photobucket.com/albums/i9...lrod2/Door.jpg
I did this from memory AND it's been years since I've seen one. If
anybody has a photo OR knows where there's one of these doors, would
you mind taking a picture of it and emailing it to me? I have the
woodworking skills to replicate this design. All I need is a picture to
use as my template. My chances of finding one of those doors for sale
are ZERO, (I've been searching for a while) so my next best bet is to
custom build it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Bryan Lord

Well... if you are confident that it will be so difficult to find one of
these doors to take a picture of, then hell - just go for it from how you
remember them to be. After all - how will anyone be able to prove your
design wrong? Besides, they were simply that - a design. Anything you come
up with from memory is going to be just as valid.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

I remember the doors of this type, but the only place that I could think
of to find a picture, would be a museum, or library. Places in the
museum are the photo gallery, something like the life in the fifties
exhibit. In the library I would try the photograph section, or books on
photo graphs.

My wife goes to the museum to see painting by famous artist. I go to
study the the pictures of old ships, old furniture, and such.

wrote:
There was a door design from the 1950's which had 3 window panes in the
upper corner that were shaped like "BELLS". I'm sure the actual design
differed somewhat from my drawing, but this gives you the basic idea:
http://170.photobucket.com/albums/i9...lrod2/Door.jpg
I did this from memory AND it's been years since I've seen one. If
anybody has a photo OR knows where there's one of these doors, would
you mind taking a picture of it and emailing it to me? I have the
woodworking skills to replicate this design. All I need is a picture to
use as my template. My chances of finding one of those doors for sale
are ZERO, (I've been searching for a while) so my next best bet is to
custom build it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Bryan Lord

Posted to rec.woodworking

Wow, I was beginning to think nobody remembered those doors but me!
There's another neat design I still see on a few houses where the
windows are in the shape of 3 "fizz" bubbles. You just don't see those
unique designs anymore...too bad.
Bryan

Posted to rec.woodworking
EXT EXT is offline

I can remember that style but they weren't in the shape of bells, similar
but the sides were straight, sort of three triangles with all corners
rounded.

ups.com...