Posted to rec.woodworking
Pat Pat is offline

Default 14mm Drill for 14mm Barrel Hinge.

I am having the hardest time finding a 14mm brad point drill here in
the SF. bay area. Does anybody have any suggestions. I tried woodcraft,
Sothern Lumber, and all the usual places Sears, Home Depot etc. I even
tried CB Tools.

If anybody has succesfully installed the 14mm hinge using a non metric
drill bit I would be interested. I tried 9/16ths but it is too big.

Thanks.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Pat" wrote in message
I am having the hardest time finding a 14mm brad point drill here in the
SF. bay area. Does anybody have any suggestions. I tried woodcraft, Sothern
Lumber, and all the usual places Sears, Home Depot etc. I even tried CB
Tools.

If anybody has succesfully installed the 14mm hinge using a non metric
drill bit I would be interested. I tried 9/16ths but it is too big.

According to the Rockler web site they have several stores in California--I
believe the closest to you would be in Pleasant Hill but check
http://www.rockler.com/retail/retail.cfm to be sure there's not a closer
one. They list a 14mm brad point in their catalog--whether the local store
has it in stock you'll have to ask.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Pat Pat is offline

On 2006-11-03 12:19:46 -0800, Pat said:

I am having the hardest time finding a 14mm brad point drill here in
the SF. bay area. Does anybody have any suggestions. I tried woodcraft,
Sothern Lumber, and all the usual places Sears, Home Depot etc. I even
tried CB Tools.

If anybody has succesfully installed the 14mm hinge using a non metric
drill bit I would be interested. I tried 9/16ths but it is too big.

Thanks.

Thanks for your help. I found several on google.. Lee Valley is a good
choice.. but I wanted to pick it up today, hence my request for a ideas
about where I could buy it in the FS bay area.

Rockler no longer sell the 14mm Brad Drill bit. At least according to
their on-line catalog.

In the end I ordered it from Amazon.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2006-11-03 12:19:46 -0800, Pat said:

I am having the hardest time finding a 14mm brad point drill here in the
SF. bay area. Does anybody have any suggestions. I tried woodcraft,
Sothern Lumber, and all the usual places Sears, Home Depot etc. I even
tried CB Tools.

If anybody has succesfully installed the 14mm hinge using a non metric
drill bit I would be interested. I tried 9/16ths but it is too big.

Thanks.

Thanks for your help. I found several on google.. Lee Valley is a good
choice.. but I wanted to pick it up today, hence my request for a ideas
about where I could buy it in the FS bay area.

Rockler no longer sell the 14mm Brad Drill bit. At least according to
their on-line catalog.

????? http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=10613 shows it out of
stock until the 20th.

In the end I ordered it from Amazon.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Pat schrieb:
I am having the hardest time finding a 14mm brad point drill here in the
SF. bay area. Does anybody have any suggestions. I tried woodcraft,
Sothern Lumber, and all the usual places Sears, Home Depot etc. I even
tried CB Tools.

If anybody has succesfully installed the 14mm hinge using a non metric
drill bit I would be interested. I tried 9/16ths but it is too big.

Thanks.

You should try Leevalley.com just checked their site, they definitely
have a forstner drill bit 14mm. The article no is 06J72.14, price $6,40
Since you write that you want to install a hinge, imho a forstner bit is
anyway more suitable than a brad point tip.

Best regards from Austria