Posted to rec.woodworking
JGS JGS is offline

Default Alternatives to Fein Sandpaper

Fein's 6" ROS has a 8 hole pattern. I know that there are other suppliers
with a 6" 8 hole disc but I am having trouble finding out if the pattern
(size of holes & distance from the centre) is the same. Do you use an
alternative? Thanks, JG

Posted to rec.woodworking

JGS wrote:
Fein's 6" ROS has a 8 hole pattern. I know that there are other suppliers
with a 6" 8 hole disc but I am having trouble finding out if the pattern
(size of holes & distance from the centre) is the same. Do you use an
alternative? Thanks, JG

I'm not familiar with Fein's hole pattern, but you might want to look
into Norton's 3x discs - they have oblong holes that are supposed to
fit a variety of hole patterns.

Mike

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 3, 6:18 am, "JGS" wrote:
Fein's 6" ROS has a 8 hole pattern. I know that there are other suppliers
with a 6" 8 hole disc but I am having trouble finding out if the pattern
(size of holes & distance from the centre) is the same. Do you use an
alternative? Thanks, JG

Yes. I use disks with no holes at all. I exclusively use Abranet disks
by Mirka.
They are a screen and stick to both the Fein and Festool pads like
dogsnot to a screendoor. Absolutely fabulous performance. A bit pricey,
but when you factor in the durability, it is a deal again. Try
some-you won't want anything else. Shop around for a supplier,
discounts are available.

http://www.mirka.com/abranet

*The usual caveats apply--- no, I don't own the company, heck, I'm not
even Finnish.*

Posted to rec.woodworking
JGS JGS is offline

Hi Robatoy,
That sounds great. So, you do not need a special adapter. Do you buy the
Abranet in the GTA?
Thanks, JG

"Robatoy" wrote in message
oups.com...

On Nov 3, 6:18 am, "JGS" wrote:
Fein's 6" ROS has a 8 hole pattern. I know that there are other suppliers
with a 6" 8 hole disc but I am having trouble finding out if the pattern
(size of holes & distance from the centre) is the same. Do you use an
alternative? Thanks, JG

Yes. I use disks with no holes at all. I exclusively use Abranet disks
by Mirka.
They are a screen and stick to both the Fein and Festool pads like
dogsnot to a screendoor. Absolutely fabulous performance. A bit pricey,
but when you factor in the durability, it is a deal again. Try
some-you won't want anything else. Shop around for a supplier,
discounts are available.

http://www.mirka.com/abranet

*The usual caveats apply--- no, I don't own the company, heck, I'm not
even Finnish.*

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

JGS wrote:
Fein's 6" ROS has a 8 hole pattern. I know that there are other suppliers
with a 6" 8 hole disc but I am having trouble finding out if the pattern
(size of holes & distance from the centre) is the same. Do you use an
alternative? Thanks, JG

I don't have Fein, so can't say exactly, but would presume if you ask
Kingspor, they'll tell you since they have Fein products as well.
Excellent abrasives, good prices.

As a general guess, I'd hazard that the 6", 8-hole pattern is pretty
much standard for whoever uses it.

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Mike wrote:
JGS wrote:
Fein's 6" ROS has a 8 hole pattern. I know that there are other suppliers
with a 6" 8 hole disc but I am having trouble finding out if the pattern
(size of holes & distance from the centre) is the same. Do you use an
alternative? Thanks, JG

I'm not familiar with Fein's hole pattern, but you might want to look
into Norton's 3x discs - they have oblong holes that are supposed to
fit a variety of hole patterns.

I've wondered why not simply make them "all holes" as it seems the
tendency is to go to more for better dust collection as opposed to
stock removal...

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

dpb wrote:
I don't have Fein, so can't say exactly, but would presume if you ask
Kingspor, ...

That, of course, was a typo -- it's Klingspor

http://www.klingspor.com/