Posted to rec.woodworking

Default old delta table saw

I'm looking for a part for a Delta Table Saw PM 1507. It was purchured
in 1947. The part I'm looking for is TCS 234...Bracket Nut for Raising
Table Mechanism. Anyone have any suggestions?

Posted to rec.woodworking

That is the first place I called. They indicated these parts had be
discontinued thirty years ago.
Pat Barber wrote:
Have you tried Delta(Black & Decker) ???

http://www.dewaltservicenet.com/ServiceNet/logon.asp

wrote:

I'm looking for a part for a Delta Table Saw PM 1507. It was purchured
in 1947. The part I'm looking for is TCS 234...Bracket Nut for Raising
Table Mechanism. Anyone have any suggestions?

Posted to rec.woodworking

I doubt that, but anyway if it's as young as you say,
go over to http://www.owwm.org and sign up and somebody
over there might just have the part you need.

Black & Darker decided when they bought Delta that it
was silly to stock parts for machines that were over
20 years old.

This decision was the end of the road for a good many parts.

A 1947 is not really that old(59), which just happens to
be my age. There are Many table saws made in the turn of
the century still working every single day.

I'm not familar with a PM 1507 ...

I just searched the 1939 and 1947 catalog and neither
has "anything" with the number 1507

You should see a serial number or model #
Like 34-xxx would be a model #

Do you have a serial number ???

Is that a contractor saw or a cabinet saw ???

Does it SAY Delta somewhere on the machine ???

Do you have a picture you can post at
Alt.binary.pictures.woodworking ???

wrote:

I'm looking for a part for a Delta Table Saw PM 1507. It was purchured
in 1947. The part I'm looking for is TCS 234...Bracket Nut for Raising
Table Mechanism. Anyone have any suggestions?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 02 Nov 2006 19:26:36 GMT, Pat Barber
wrote:

I doubt that, but anyway if it's as young as you say,
go over to http://www.owwm.org and sign up and somebody
over there might just have the part you need.

Good advice. Probably your only possibility.

Black & Darker decided when they bought Delta that it
was silly to stock parts for machines that were over
20 years old.

Actually started at the consolidation of PC and Delta, when PC took
over the service strategy. It was difficult to sell an understanding
of the difference between the lifespan and cost impact of not being
able to service, when comparing stationary industrial and portable. I
doubt if B & D helped it any.

Prior to that time, it was generally when the tooling became
unserviceable on very old units, and even then we would issue copies
of parts drawings so that someone could have one made if they desired.
That practice stopped with the close of the Tupelo Manufacturing
Center.

This decision was the end of the road for a good many parts.

A 1947 is not really that old(59), which just happens to
be my age. There are Many table saws made in the turn of
the century still working every single day.

I'm not familar with a PM 1507 ...

Me either, but it is as old as I am also. I can't resolve the PM.
Can't remember when letters were used in model numbers. Certainly not
in my time except for the more recent use of L & R for tilt
designation and BC and U for fence. For the rest of my history, it
was strictly numbers. Also some of those ShopMaster units gots some
letters. But all that is post PC consolidaion, and pre B & D.

wrote:

I'm looking for a part for a Delta Table Saw PM 1507. It was purchured
in 1947. The part I'm looking for is TCS 234...Bracket Nut for Raising
Table Mechanism. Anyone have any suggestions?

Posted to rec.woodworking

The saw says Delta and is a contractor saw. It's in my Dad's shop so I
don't have a picture yet. But I do have the Operating and Maintenance
Instruction Sheet...from that sheet it says..Delta Machine Tools
Milwaukee and then PM 1507 10" Tilting Table Circular Saw and the
Serial # is 59-1634. Thanks for your response.

wrote:

I'm looking for a part for a Delta Table Saw PM 1507. It was purchured
in 1947. The part I'm looking for is TCS 234...Bracket Nut for Raising
Table Mechanism. Anyone have any suggestions?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 03 Nov 2006 20:06:59 GMT, Pat Barber
wrote:

Frank worked for Delta and if he has never heard of that
model, we are in for a very long search. I'll look around with
that serial number...

Lots of stuff that preceded my time, so could be. Your suggestion of
OWWM probably best shot he has.