Posted to rec.woodworking

Default any feedback on the HF tools?

"Mike Marlow" wrote:

"Lobby Dosser" wrote in message
news:ArU0h.298$pU3.93@trndny08...
"Mike Marlow" wrote:

I have no problem with anyone's personal preference in tools, but
these threads come up and the same tool-snob cliches and attempted
put

downs come up as predictably as big boogers after a day of sanding.

LOL!! You just have to be from the south. Only folks I know can come
up with 'colorful' expressions like that are from the south. )

Nope - but I did eat at a Shoney's a couple of times...

That'd do it!
Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Tom is offline

"Mike Marlow" wrote:

I have no problem with anyone's personal preference in tools, but
these threads come up and the same tool-snob cliches and attempted
put

downs come up as predictably as big boogers after a day of sanding.

LOL!! You just have to be from the south. Only folks I know can come
up with 'colorful' expressions like that are from the south. )

Nope - but I did eat at a Shoney's a couple of times...

That'd do it!

I also stayed at a Holiday Express last night.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 28 Oct 2006 08:51:03 -0400, Mike Marlow wrote:

I agree. There is a romantic notion that suggest something "wonderful"
about a tool that is 200 years old. The thing is, the tool was just a tool
when it was manufactured. It's age is more of its attraction today than its
superior qualities. If that tool had continued to be used daily it surely
would not be laying around to be purchased, 200 years later. Its age is no
reflection of anything - except its age.

It may have lasted 200 years because its previous owners did not think
well of it, tossed it into a corner and bought a newer design that they
liked better. ;-)

Bill
Posted to rec.woodworking

)

Nope - but I did eat at a Shoney's a couple of times...

That'd do it!

I also stayed at a Holiday Express last night.

And now you're a southern author!