Posted to rec.woodworking

Default clamps on sale at Amazon (k-body, gross stabil, uniklamp)

Amazon.com has some pretty good deals on parallel jaw clamps:
12" Bessey k-bodies for $20.99
http://www.amazon.com/Bessey-K3-512-...4?ie=UTF8&s=hi
or http://tinyurl.com/yl7o56

and 24" Gross Stabil for $23.23
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...X0DER&v=glance
or http://tinyurl.com/ybgpfs

Haven't tried the Gross Stabil clamps, but I've heard good things. And
$21 still seems steep for a 12" clamp, but I use my 6" and 12"
Uniklamps enough that I've often wished for a heavier duty version of
that.
Speaking of which, when I checked amazon to remember what the gray
baby-k-bodies were called, I noticed that set is on sale too: 2 @ 6", 2
@ 12", 2 @ 18" for $69.97. However, they're "in stock soon", which,
from what I've heard, means they might or might not be in stock
sometime this year.
http://www.amazon.com/Bessey-UNIK-6S...4?ie=UTF8&s=hi
or http://tinyurl.com/yeylp2
Of course they're not equivalent to real k-bodies, but as I said, I
have this set and use them quite a bit. I usually find them handier
than regular cheap F-clamps, with a larger clamping surface that
doesn't spin when you tighten it.
No affiliation etc., I just know I've been appreciative of clamp sale
postings here in the past, so I thought I'd pass this along.
Andy

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Andy" wrote in
ups.com:

snip
and 24" Gross Stabil for $23.23
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...ref=ord_cart_s
hr/002-9120848-0525634?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance or
http://tinyurl.com/ybgpfs

Haven't tried the Gross Stabil clamps, but I've heard good things.

snip

I HAVE used the Gross Stabil parallel jaw clamps, and they are every bit as
good as the Kbodies. And that's an excellent price.

Patriarch,
who really doesn't need any more clamps right now...

Homemade Body Scrubs bina Home Repair 0 September 25th 06 10:07 AM
Bessey Clamps and Published Sale Dates George Woodworking 0 October 2nd 05 01:52 PM
Do you have Past Woodpeck Weekly Special Email? Jeremy Woodworking 2 August 8th 04 03:24 AM
Woodcraft sale on Jorgensen Cabinet Master Clamps 10-17 only vmtw Woodworking 22 October 18th 03 02:42 AM
Jorgensen Cabinet Master Clamps ON SALE TomL Woodworking 2 August 3rd 03 04:49 PM