Posted to rec.woodworking

Default need help with hardware name

We are designing a portable cart to display jewelry on at art shows. We
would like the top to hinge up, like a tackle box, with 3-4 shelves
that stair step upwards to hold small display boxes of jewelry.

Is the hinge I need to do that stair step shelving a "Knife Hinge"?

Ive google searched, and found several suppliers, but Im still kind of
unsure that knife hinges are what I need..........any ideas??

Thanks
Steve @ Crations by Black Hawk
(fledgling woodworker)

Posted to rec.woodworking

steve wrote:
We are designing a portable cart to display jewelry on at art shows. We
would like the top to hinge up, like a tackle box, with 3-4 shelves
that stair step upwards to hold small display boxes of jewelry.

Is the hinge I need to do that stair step shelving a "Knife Hinge"?

Ive google searched, and found several suppliers, but Im still kind of
unsure that knife hinges are what I need..........any ideas??

Thanks
Steve @ Crations by Black Hawk
(fledgling woodworker)

Google lid stay

there is one in the latest woodworker's hardware cat. pg 9 $15

Dave
Posted to rec.woodworking

oops! don't think that's what you need after all

Dave
Posted to rec.woodworking

steve wrote:
We are designing a portable cart to display jewelry on at art shows. We
would like the top to hinge up, like a tackle box, with 3-4 shelves
that stair step upwards to hold small display boxes of jewelry.

Is the hinge I need to do that stair step shelving a "Knife Hinge"?

Ive google searched, and found several suppliers, but Im still kind of
unsure that knife hinges are what I need..........any ideas??

Thanks
Steve @ Crations by Black Hawk
(fledgling woodworker)

Try a search for "Jewelry Box Tray Support". See:

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=9829

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Sources for custom brass hardware Mark & Juanita Woodworking 3 January 17th 06 02:39 AM
Hardware Label bubbalouie Woodworking 25 December 5th 04 07:48 PM
A pat on th e back for WoodWorkers Hardware and UPS Leon Woodworking 0 October 28th 04 09:30 PM