DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   need help with hardware name (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/180057-need-help-hardware-name.html)

steve October 22nd 06 04:34 PM

need help with hardware name

We are designing a portable cart to display jewelry on at art shows. We
would like the top to hinge up, like a tackle box, with 3-4 shelves
that stair step upwards to hold small display boxes of jewelry.

Is the hinge I need to do that stair step shelving a "Knife Hinge"?

Ive google searched, and found several suppliers, but Im still kind of
unsure that knife hinges are what I need..........any ideas??

Thanks
Steve @ Crations by Black Hawk
(fledgling woodworker)

David October 22nd 06 05:29 PM

steve wrote:
We are designing a portable cart to display jewelry on at art shows. We
would like the top to hinge up, like a tackle box, with 3-4 shelves
that stair step upwards to hold small display boxes of jewelry.

Is the hinge I need to do that stair step shelving a "Knife Hinge"?

Ive google searched, and found several suppliers, but Im still kind of
unsure that knife hinges are what I need..........any ideas??

Thanks
Steve @ Crations by Black Hawk
(fledgling woodworker)

Google lid stay

there is one in the latest woodworker's hardware cat. pg 9 $15

Dave

David October 22nd 06 05:31 PM

need help with hardware name

oops! don't think that's what you need after all

Dave

Nova October 22nd 06 08:02 PM

steve wrote:
We are designing a portable cart to display jewelry on at art shows. We
would like the top to hinge up, like a tackle box, with 3-4 shelves
that stair step upwards to hold small display boxes of jewelry.

Is the hinge I need to do that stair step shelving a "Knife Hinge"?

Ive google searched, and found several suppliers, but Im still kind of
unsure that knife hinges are what I need..........any ideas??

Thanks
Steve @ Crations by Black Hawk
(fledgling woodworker)

Try a search for "Jewelry Box Tray Support". See:

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=9829

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA