Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Couldn't Resist

Most people agree that if you have to go, drowning in
varnish provides the best finish.

I re-found this gem in an old book, "Wise and Wacky
Wit" and I couldn't resist sharing it with the group.

John

Posted to rec.woodworking

John Flatley wrote:

Most people agree that if you have to go, drowning in
varnish provides the best finish.

I re-found this gem in an old book, "Wise and Wacky
Wit" and I couldn't resist sharing it with the group.

John

That reminds me of my old friend Paddy McHolihan who worked at the
Guinness plant, and one day he fell into a huge vat of stout and
drowned. I was given the difficult task of informing mrs. McHholihan
the sad news about her husband's unfortunate demise. So I went over to
her house and told her the news.

She responded, "Oh Glen, that is so sad, but at least he died quickly
and didn't suffer"

I answered, "I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but it wasn't a quick
death. He had to climb out of the vat three times to relieve himself
before he died."

;-)
Glen
Posted to rec.woodworking

Glen wrote:
I answered, "I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but it wasn't a quick
death. He had to climb out of the vat three times to relieve himself
before he died."

Having drunk Guiness Stout, I'm not so sure he climbed out before he relieved
himself. As a part Irishman myself, I've had the pleasure of visiting the
Guiness Brewery in Dublin, which is right on the River Liffe. If you ever
smelled Boston Harbor back in the 60s, you have an idea of what the Liffe smells
like. I assume they get their water from the Liffe.

That's why I drink Harp Lager instead.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 10:23:41 -0400, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com wrote:

Having drunk Guiness Stout, I'm not so sure he climbed out before he relieved
himself. As a part Irishman myself, I've had the pleasure of visiting the
Guiness Brewery in Dublin, which is right on the River Liffe. If you ever
smelled Boston Harbor back in the 60s, you have an idea of what the Liffe smells
like. I assume they get their water from the Liffe.

Liffey, and no, the water used does not come from the River Liffey.

http://www.guinness.com/gb_en/bottom...efault.aspx#q6

That's why I drink Harp Lager instead.

I'd sooner die of thirst.