Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Will this router fit this router table?

Hi,

I already own a Dewalt plunge router and would like to buy this table:

Porter-Cable 698 Bench Top Router Table (Amazon link below).

How do I make sure that they are compatible. Do I call DwWalt or Cable
porter or someone could just tell me that they are?

Thanks!

Aaron Fude

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...X0DER&v=glance

Posted to rec.woodworking

Which Dewalt? I have the 621, and I was told by dewalt that it wasn't
suitable for tables I had called them for instructions on how to get
the springs out - they sent me the diagram, but had no advice. I
couldn't do it, and got another router (milwaulkee - very happy with
it.)

Posted to rec.woodworking

P.S. try building your own table... It's worth it, even though you
won't save much.

shelly

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
Hi,

I already own a Dewalt plunge router and would like to buy this table:

Porter-Cable 698 Bench Top Router Table (Amazon link below).

How do I make sure that they are compatible. Do I call DwWalt or Cable
porter or someone could just tell me that they. are?

Thanks!

Aaron Fude

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...ord_cart_shr/1
02-4630578-8084938?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

No use contacting DeWalt they wouldn't know, suggest you contact Porter
Cable.
It is compatible with Plunge and Fixed router and need the subase removing.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
I already own a Dewalt plunge router and would like to buy this table:

Porter-Cable 698 Bench Top Router Table (Amazon link below).

How do I make sure that they are compatible. Do I call DwWalt or Cable
porter or someone could just tell me that they are?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...X0DER&v=glance

Keep the plunge router as a plunge and buy a new router for a good table.
You can build a much better table than this one for less money. A piece of
counter top or a sink cutout can be used for the top, then you can either
use your router to make a recess to set in the insert to easily lift the
router out for bit changes.

You can do better than this. Much better.

Posted to rec.woodworking

The 621 works great in a table. I bought a router lift from Woodpeck
that had instructions on removing the springs and doing other
modifications for the 621.

wrote:
Which Dewalt? I have the 621, and I was told by dewalt that it wasn't
suitable for tables I had called them for instructions on how to get
the springs out - they sent me the diagram, but had no advice. I
couldn't do it, and got another router (milwaulkee - very happy with
it.)

Centering router on table base Oleg Lego Woodworking 49 January 15th 06 03:36 AM
router for a Porter-Cable router table? Dave Gower Home Repair 8 March 2nd 05 05:55 AM
router table setup Lewis Woodworking 6 November 25th 04 05:02 PM
An Ultimate Router Table - Part I: A Short Story Unisaw A100 Woodworking 15 August 4th 04 10:43 PM
Router Table Top Questions Max Mahanke Woodworking 1 May 10th 04 07:12 PM