Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Chicago Woodworking Show...any good?

Did anyone go to The Woodworking Show in Chicago this weekend? I've
gone to it every year since 2000 (in Denver) that it was held, and it
was a fine show up until last year. Last year's show seemed almost
half the size of previous ones, with lots of empty space and plenty of
space dedicated to mostly lame clinics but far fewer vendors than in
the past. I'm wondering if it has picked up at all since last year and
whether it's worth going. There were almost no good deals or
interesting new items last year.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Denver Woody wrote:
There were almost no good deals or
interesting new items last year.

In my opinion, the Internet has killed those types of shows. In the
past, I could get what I thought were good deals at bicycle festivals,
hobby shows, and woodworking shows. The same deals are out there almost
daily on the web.

The bad news is that current shows stink. The good news is that we
rarely pay list price anymore.