Posted to rec.woodworking
jk jk is offline

Default Brad Nailer Reccomendations Please

The "Office of Management and Budget" (OMB), a.k.a. the wife, she who
must be obeyed, etc., asked me what I want for Christmas. So, I am
thinking an electric brad nailer or nail gun. Something that can be
used for finish work, light duty, nothing too elaborate. Don't know
where to start researching. If there are questions I should be
answering/asking myself, what are they? Your advice would be
appreciated. Thanks.
john

Posted to rec.woodworking

"jk" wrote in message
oups.com...
The "Office of Management and Budget" (OMB), a.k.a. the wife, she who
must be obeyed, etc., asked me what I want for Christmas. So, I am
thinking an electric brad nailer or nail gun. Something that can be
used for finish work, light duty, nothing too elaborate. Don't know
where to start researching. If there are questions I should be
answering/asking myself, what are they? Your advice would be
appreciated. Thanks.
john

Awhile back there was a thread on this subject so a google group search may
give you a bit more information....but the short version is that the
electric versions are a bit problematic and are best avoided....the one I
have (25yrs old) often doesn't fully drive the nail and never did even when
new (because of this it is barely if ever used). However cheap air brad
nailers seem to work just fine......I have a couple of no name (stapler and
a brad nailer) I got years ago at Costco and a recent inexpensive set from
Campbell Hausfeld (framing, 18gauge and 16gauge) that have held up and work
just fine (my use is pretty light though). The stapler, 18gage and 16 gauge
don't require much capacity in the way of a compressor either. Rod