Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Trees in the N. Dallas, TX area

I just had a tree, and Elm according to the tree company, fall over in
the Richardson, TX area. This is destabilizing another Hackberry,
which is threatening to fall in neighbors' back yard. Both of these
are tall, probably 30+ year old trees. It's going to cost a bundle to
have them cut and dragged to the curb for city pickup, and I'd like to
recoup some of the cost if at all possible.

The Elm was a huge pretzel shaped affair, with a main trunk maybe 4 ft
in diameter and many branches 18" to 24" in diameter. The Hackberry
has a trunk 18" to 24" in diameter. Anybody interested? I have to get
the unstable one down quickly, so I will be moving fast on this.

Posted to rec.woodworking

jbeadles wrote:
I just had a tree, and Elm according to the tree company, fall over in
the Richardson, TX area. This is destabilizing another Hackberry,
which is threatening to fall in neighbors' back yard. Both of these
are tall, probably 30+ year old trees. It's going to cost a bundle to
have them cut and dragged to the curb for city pickup, and I'd like to
recoup some of the cost if at all possible.

The Elm was a huge pretzel shaped affair, with a main trunk maybe 4 ft
in diameter and many branches 18" to 24" in diameter. The Hackberry
has a trunk 18" to 24" in diameter. Anybody interested? I have to get
the unstable one down quickly, so I will be moving fast on this.

look here for local turners groups
http://woodturner.org/community/chap...hapter+List#TX
Joe
Posted to rec.woodworking

Joe Gorman wrote:
jbeadles wrote:
I just had a tree, and Elm according to the tree company, fall over in
the Richardson, TX area. This is destabilizing another Hackberry,
which is threatening to fall in neighbors' back yard. Both of these
are tall, probably 30+ year old trees. It's going to cost a bundle to
have them cut and dragged to the curb for city pickup, and I'd like to
recoup some of the cost if at all possible.

The Elm was a huge pretzel shaped affair, with a main trunk maybe 4 ft
in diameter and many branches 18" to 24" in diameter. The Hackberry
has a trunk 18" to 24" in diameter. Anybody interested? I have to get
the unstable one down quickly, so I will be moving fast on this.

look here for local turners groups
http://woodturner.org/community/chap...hapter+List#TX
Joe

Thanks Joe! I did try a couple of groups, but no luck.