Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT? - Woodworking MAYDAY (m'aidez)

I've set up portion of my web site as a place to share woodworking and
shop ideas; and it's been satisfying to see that people have found it
helpful. Most of the traffic seems to stem from posts to
rec.woodworking, so this would appear to be the most logical place to
appeal for help.

It's been interesting to note that many (about 1/6) of the visitors
are accessing the site from countries where English is not the most
common language. My server-generated usage statistics lists these
countries from among the "Top 30 of 68 Total Countries" for the first
half of September (English-speaking and language-nonspecific domain
types excluded):

Denmark
Thailand
Slovak Republic
Mexico
Germany
France
Netherlands
Italy
Japan
Brazil
Estonia
Finland
Belgium
Greece
Argentina
Sweden
Israel
Saudi Arabia

If woodworkers in any of these countries think it would be worthwhile
for me to have one or more of the web pages available in their
language(s) and can provide interpretations (rather than just
translations) by e-mail, I'd be happy to make those pages available.

Thanks!

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message
[...]

Morris, I too get frequent visitors to my website from non-English speaking
countries. I ask a friend that lives in Mexico what they do and he told me
they use the Google translation service. It's not always perfect but for
the most part, the message gets through.
He suggested that if I wanted more non-English speaking visitors, then using
non-English key words in the regular text of the page would help with
searching.
I like visiting your site for ideas - its a good resource. Thanks for that.

Dave
www.teamcasa.org

http://www.usenet.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

Morris Dovey wrote:

If woodworkers in any of these countries think it would be worthwhile
for me to have one or more of the web pages available in their
language(s) and can provide interpretations (rather than just
translations) by e-mail, I'd be happy to make those pages available.

Watch it, Morris - you may get a page in Russian advertising a porn site :-).

--
It's turtles, all the way down

The Woodworking Channel gary in virginia Woodworking 19 April 16th 06 07:48 AM
The Woodworking Channel? Arch Woodturning 18 March 29th 06 02:29 PM
FA; eBay: Woodworking books videos Zak Woodturning 9 October 23rd 04 03:38 AM
FAQ Marlene & John Schwab Woodworking 2 October 23rd 03 12:47 AM
SF Bay Area Woodworking Open House Jeff Woodworking 1 August 3rd 03 12:10 AM