Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default Waaaay OT - Thunder Mug

http://www.antiquemystique.com/pages/6503_jpg.htm

A small history lesson for those of you who have never seen one -
or even heard of one, much less ever used one.

JOAT
I am not paranoid. I do not "think" people are after me. I "know" damn
well they're after me.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"J T" wrote in message
http://www.antiquemystique.com/pages/6503_jpg.htm

A small history lesson for those of you who have never seen one -
or even heard of one, much less ever used one.

That's all we had at night when I was a kid and stayed with my grandparents
on their farm. Folks who shared the same bedroom got to know each other
really well. Amusing now to see one with a flower arrangement in it on an
entry table ... or used as a punch bowl.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/29/06

Posted to rec.woodworking

"J T" wrote:
A small history lesson for those of you who have never seen one
or even heard of one, much less ever used one.

Also known as a "slop jar" in my family.

Lew
Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:
"J T" wrote:
A small history lesson for those of you who have never seen one
or even heard of one, much less ever used one.

Also known as a "slop jar" in my family.

Lew

We used to call them "Guzunders" "cause they go under the bed.

regards
John

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 15:31:05 -0400, (J T) wrote:

Tue, Sep 12, 2006, 6:22am (EDT-1)
(Swingman) hath the
experiece:
That's all we had at night when I was a kid and stayed with my
grandparents on their farm. Folks who shared the same bedroom got to
know each other really well. Amusing now to see one with a flower
arrangement in it on an entry table ... or used as a punch bowl.

With me it was my great-grandparents. And they had the fancy ones,
white porcelen (?) with lids.

OK, flower arrangements, I can see that, and possibly even keep my
mouth shut - depending on how nice the person is.

But a PUNCH bowl? I don't care if the damn thing is brand-new and
never been used, it's the thought. Urgh. Musta been one of those damn
interior decorators, or "artistes", to come up with some idea like that.
Ahchh.

Read a story once of a family that moved to a farm somewhere on the
frontier. The neighbors, as was the custom, greeted the newcomers and even
brought over food. One of the neighbor families were Czech (or German),
brought over soup; to the horror of the newcomers, the soup was in a
chamber pot. Fortunately, the newcomers' wife was quite diplomatic and
remarked on the size and beauty of the pot, asking what they called it in
their language. The young lady beamed and answered, "Suppetopf" (German
for soup pot). At that point the newcomers realized that it was safe to
eat the soup as that the pot had only been used for food.

Inspire 5200 VS Thunder: One AMP blown Deko Electronics Repair 1 October 3rd 05 04:46 PM
Waaaay OT - I need J T Woodworking 28 April 14th 05 01:27 AM
INSPIRATION - Thunder Table J T Woodworking 0 February 7th 05 06:28 AM