Deko

Default Inspire 5200 VS Thunder: One AMP blown

Yup, thunder went trigger happy and touched my Creative Inspire 5200
Subwoofer at its very sensitive place along with my front speakers
output of my soundcard. The IC litteraly blown from inside.

There are 2 AMPs.

One is TDA8510J. Probably used for the two front channels and the
bass/front channel. This piece looks fine. There is the Philips logo
on it.

One is TDA7xxxA. I can't read the complete name because this part has
blown up right there. No Philips logo, but it says 'Singapore'.

Please, could anyone help me find which piece is it as I'm a newb.
According to the specs of the subwoofer, there is 6 RMS in each
sattelite.

Links:
http://www.creative.com/products/pro...uct=55& nav=2
http://www.semiconductors.philips.co....html#products

Deko

jakdedert

Deko wrote:
[...]

'Looks' fine? I'd be suspect of any device which had pieces literally
blown apart by lightening (not thunder, BTW). You probably have more
trouble than the one obviously (literally) blown part.

Buy new speakers, unless you're doing this as an academic excercise.
Also, suspect your sound card. That kind of pulse can wreak havoc on
anything connected to it.

jak