Posted to rec.woodworking

Default An Appoligy to Frank Boettcher

Frank,

We have a disagreement on the Unisaw. Our posts got a bit hot and for this
I will take responsibility.

I did not in any way mean to cast any ill will towards Delta or the fine
employees that manufactured the product.

The information in my posts are from my experience and others experiences
posted here.

I did indeed read and have reposted the comments about Delta admitting
responsibility for the torqueing problems concerning the trunions and IIRC
this was mentioned first by Charles Self. If I do not recall correctly I
also apologize to Charles Self. Never the less I was not the first to post
indicating that Delta indicated that they were at fault. It was news to me
when I read it and it seemed it was from a very reputable source.

Either way, whether it was the fault of the shipping company or Delta, the
fact remains that you find more complaints of broken trunions here and
witnessed by me about the Unisaws built in the last 10 years than other
brands.

I have read and somewhat understand shipping standards and passing those
standards. If the Delta factory trunion problem was fabricated by some one
else and was not true I can accept that. I do however find it as a sort of
"cop out" to blame a shipping company for shipping problems for as many
years as this has gone on. I would seem to me that a solution would have
been found long before the problem became commonly known by so many. Just
because your packaging passes a certain specification does not mean that it
is good enough. What were the other manufacturers doing that resulted in
less damage than the Unisaws were subject too.

Having retired from the Automotive industry 10 years ago at 40 and not
having to work I too enjoyed positions near the top and can fully understand
restrictions put upon us by those that we answer to. I am sure you did
everything possible with-in your grasp to turn out a quality product but we
both know manufacturing costs have their limits and sometimes the product
suffers despite our best efforts.

Anyway, I again apologize if I have insulted you in any way as that was
clearly not my intention.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 00:26:37 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

[...]

Apology accepted. Thank you

Frank

Posted to rec.woodworking