Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default I need help from a brilliant furniture designer!

http://www.frontiernet.net/~toller/cabinet.jpg

I made it exactly how the customer wanted, to hold a lcd TV.
Sadly, they measured the screen only, so the TV and stand will not fit in!
She wants me to make the inside 2" higher.
The top is a mitered; the bottom is butt jointed. I thought of sawing the
bottom out and putting a new bottom below it but that would only gain 3/4".
She is willing to pay for "repairs", but I can't think of anything that
wouldn't look like repairs.
Any ideas of anything that could be done that would look good?
The project is butternut.

I suspect it is cheaper and easer just to start over, but would like to
salvage it if I can.

I would like to put some walnut uprights in it, and hang the TV from the
uprights (losing the stand . I think that would look great, but she
doesn't.