Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Got the Unisaw moved

Thanks for the tips on moving the old Unisaw I bought.
lift. It slid right in.
To unload, we took off the top, and laid it on it's back. Slid it off
the truck and lowered the base to the floor. It was a 2 man job for
sure. I was glad I took the top off, as I got to see the guts of the
machine. Very impressive,
After we loaded the sw on the truck, I was looking around the sellers
garage and saw a mobile base in the corner, and asked if it was for
sale. $25 and it was mine! It looks like a Delta base, with 2
stationary wheels and a 3rd swivel wheel, with a foot lever to lift.
Is there a site where I can check serial #'s to determine the year?
Thanks again for all the advise.
Cliff

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article .com,
"sailor" wrote:

Is there a site where I can check serial #'s to determine the year?
Thanks again for all the advise.

If it falls between the manufacturing years of '41 and '76, try he
http://www.owwm.com/Delta/VintageProject/Part1.asp
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company

There is no "W" in Leadership.
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
"R. Pierce Butler" wrote:

Does anyone have a scan of the manual for a 1943 Unisaw?

Again back to OWWM (old woodworking machines) - have you checked there
for a manual scan? ("dirty paper" in the OWWM lingo)

http://www.owwm.com/MfgIndex/Publications.asp?ID=1141

BTW, if anyone is looking for Keeter/Duke of URLS/Unisaw A-100/Keith
Bohn, since he's not been spotted in these parts for a while now, he can
be found at OWWM - after all, the site is his baby. And for those not in
the know, he owns the first known Unisaw, which is pictured in several
places on the site.