Posted to rec.woodworking
Ron Ron is offline

Default Incra Universal Positioning Jig

Rockler has these in their latest ad for $60 w/free fence, stop block, right
angle fixture, DVD and templates...

Has anyone used one of these?
Opinions?

I have a regular Rockler router table with the plate for my Bosch router.

Can I use this or is the offset table required?

ThankX,
Ron

Posted to rec.woodworking

Ron wrote:
Rockler has these in their latest ad for $60 w/free fence, stop block, right
angle fixture, DVD and templates...

Has anyone used one of these?
Opinions?

I have a regular Rockler router table with the plate for my Bosch router.

Can I use this or is the offset table required?

ThankX,
Ron

Ron:

I have an Incra Jig Pro seen here
http://woodworker.com/cgi-bin/FULLPR...ARTNUM=829-295
I use it for all my router table operations, sometimes with a shop-made
auxiliary fence. And for dovetail joints. The ability to reposition
easily with the flip-up lever is more convenient than the classic incra
jig screw.

I'm sure there are better & worse products, but I honestly really like
my setup. I have it hanging on the wall and pull it off and clamp it to
my outfeed table when I need to use it. My router table is ~1.5" thick
laminated particle board and I run the venerable FT2000E from Freud.

For the dovetails there are a couple of discreet steps for setup. First
is to set the height of the bit. This can be performed with just about
any scrap piece. The next bit is to set the offset from the fence, I
have an older addition ... I can't even recall the product name, but it
allows precise adjustments after the fence is locked in. I find that
being able to set the height separately saves me a lot of time over the
combination half-blind jigs available. The process of cutting the tails
isn't as quick as Norm does it using his jig (Leigh? PC?) but it works
just fine for me. The right-angle attachment is a good addition.

I have my base bolted down using slots in the base so I can shift it as
opposed to clamping it to the router table as shown in the pic.

Universal beam calculation nafuk UK diy 4 January 18th 06 06:47 PM
Incra Positioning System at Rockler Jerry Woodworking 4 November 29th 05 10:01 PM
Incra V27 Mike Woodworking 0 April 24th 05 08:50 PM
OT?: Universal vs. Induction motor HP ratings Bob Swinney Metalworking 9 October 8th 03 07:56 PM
If I get Incra fence, what don't I need in a new TS? Igor Woodworking 4 July 22nd 03 02:38 PM